We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cheapest European city to fly to from Chicago?

detroit, mi
reviews: 1
Cheapest European city to fly to from Chicago?

Looking to meet a friend in Europe in May. She's in Holland so I'm looking for any city in central/north central Europe. Flying out of Chicago.

Any suggestion would be appreciated!

Thanks.

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
reviews: 74
1. Re: Cheapest European city to fly to from Chicago?

There is no cheapest city, you will have to do the legwork by checking yourself on Skyscanner/Kayak/matrixita etc.

I think if you need to meet your friend in NL then probably it would be best to fly there and not have to incur extra costs to get to her. Around $1k to $1100 seems to be the normal price ORD to AMS these days

Chicago, Illinois
reviews: 77
2. Re: Cheapest European city to fly to from Chicago?

Finnair seems to run a lot of specials to Helsinki from ORD so make sure to check that. Turkish Airlines often runs specials to Istanbul if you can make that work even though it is not central/north Europe.

Dublin, Ireland
reviews: 3
3. Re: Cheapest European city to fly to from Chicago?

Generally I'd check the wiki page of whatever airport I'm flying out of to see which destination is served by the most number of airlines - that would give you an idea of how much competition there is on a given route which might mean good prices.

Limerick, Ireland
4. Re: Cheapest European city to fly to from Chicago?

Consider Aerlingus.com

from ORD to AMS via Dublin

Youtube following : " U.S. CUSTOMS AT DUBLIN AIRPORT "

5. Re: Cheapest European city to fly to from Chicago?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, March 29, 2014