We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Stay away from the thiefs called Govolo

Durham, North...
reviews: 2
Stay away from the thiefs called Govolo

NEVER BUY TICKETS FROM GOVOLO. No No...... go away and somewhere else. If needed dont travel. They are a fraud company. First they tell you to that you credit card is not working and so you do a bank transfer. After you have gone through with the transfer they say that they need some official signature crap to issue you the tickets. What happens ultimately is you end up with no tickets and your money stolen by them.... Really really bad service and total harassment.....

29 replies to this topic
Syracuse, New York
Destination Expert
for Seven Mile Beach, West Bay, Syracuse
reviews: 65
1. Re: Stay away from the thiefs called Govolo

An interesting article over at flyertalk documents their experiences with Govolo and how they got around the potential security issue of sending copies of Credit Cards and Passports...

flyertalk.com/forum/online-travel-booking-bi…

Edited: 10:48 am, March 26, 2013
Syracuse, New York
Destination Expert
2. Re: Stay away from the thiefs called Govolo

There are many threads here and in other places that document similar issues that folks have had with this company.

Moral of the story: Always book with the airlines directly!

Durham, North...
3. Re: Stay away from the thiefs called Govolo

thanks...I appreciate that

Edited: 11:21 am, March 26, 2013
madeira
Destination Expert
for Funchal, Madeira, Madeira Islands
reviews: 23
4. Re: Stay away from the thiefs called Govolo

contact your credit card provider- they will help.

Seattle, Washington
reviews: 85
5. Re: Stay away from the thiefs called Govolo

contact your credit card provider- they will help

>>>>>>>>>>>

Doubt it. OP says they paid by bank transfer. Never pay by Western Union or bank transfer!!

UK
reviews: 13
6. Re: Stay away from the thiefs called Govolo

Always makes me wonder how much people were supposedly going to save when they try and book with these type's of companies.

I also find it amazing that people do not check out a company that they are going to send hundreds if not thousands of pounds to.

I get regular emails from a doctor who has millions of pounds in a bank account in Nigeria, if the OP want's his details get touch, he will be only too pleased to here from you!!!

Syracuse, New York
Destination Expert
7. Re: Stay away from the thiefs called Govolo

If you didn't use your credit card provider to pay them successfully, and did a bank transfer,m then the CC company are not going to be able to help....

Fortaleza, CE
reviews: 348
8. Re: Stay away from the thiefs called Govolo

mickt, you're out of luck. You didn't provide the required bank account info, so the good doctor is sending the money to me instead, as I gave him the information he needs. Money should arrive shortly.

OP: it won't help you but might help others to know how you ended up with Govolo in the first place. I assume they had the lowest price. Did you see reviews from anyone who had used them?

Edited: 12:32 pm, March 26, 2013
Durham, North...
9. Re: Stay away from the thiefs called Govolo

Well after long and laboring conversations with the customer service dept. they have decided to reimburse me. Bad thing .... they don't have any phone numbers listed on their website but if you search the internet you would get their numbers at http://www.govolo.com/contact.aspx . Since they are a subsidiary of the main company Govoyages (which is a French company) be prepared to talk some French too.

I booked the ticket via this site as I was running short of time as well as money. A total harassment. Now I am waiting their refund. I do not know when it will arrive.

London, United...
reviews: 22
10. Re: Stay away from the thiefs called Govolo

Damn, I thought the good doctor was all mine, he emails me often enough:))

Reply to: Stay away from the thiefs called Govolo
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted