We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Alaskan Airlines Digeplayer

Vancouver, Canada
reviews: 9
Alaskan Airlines Digeplayer

Just wondering if anyone has used the digeplayer on the flight to Honolulu. Does it have 2 headphone jacks?

Tacoma, Washington...
1. Re: Alaskan Airlines Digeplayer

Yes I have and yes it does. But, you can also get 2 and 3 way splitters at Radio Shack for pretty cheap.

Vancouver, Canada
2. Re: Alaskan Airlines Digeplayer

Cool. Thanks! Would it be awkward to share one? Or do you think it's just better to get your own?

UK
reviews: 84
3. Re: Alaskan Airlines Digeplayer

I think it would be quite awkward to share it, its fairly heavy and clunky so where woudl you put it inbetween you, and from what i recall doesn't have a good view from side on, eg i don't think i could see mrs joeintheuk's very well. Does it need to be ordered in advance?

Vancouver, Canada
4. Re: Alaskan Airlines Digeplayer

Yeah, they recommend ordering it in advance. Thanks so much. We will probably order our own then. :)

UK
reviews: 84
5. Re: Alaskan Airlines Digeplayer

We were travelling 1st class so they just handed them out, I'm sure I read they were Galaxy Tabs somewhere but they certainly werent, they were pretty chunky things, much heavier than say an iPad or Tab. It may be we had old tech and its Tabs now (this was last October) but even so, it would be pretty awkward to share even a lightweight tablet between two people.

Atlanta, Georgia
reviews: 12
6. Re: Alaskan Airlines Digeplayer

My wife and I flew SJC > HNL and KOA > SJC on Alaska Air in January (also First Class), and they were still using the chunky players. The internal electronics might be based on a Galaxy Tab, but they have obviously added their own "ruggedized" packaging around it. I did see several folks sharing them though.

-JimG

Seattle, Washington
reviews: 8
7. Re: Alaskan Airlines Digeplayer

I've shared before and there's not a problem. It is wide, so it fits nicely between trays. Also, it has two headphone jacks, so as long as you and your travel companion can agree on what to watch, go for it. Saves $$$.

Fortaleza, CE
reviews: 348
8. Re: Alaskan Airlines Digeplayer

We also used our own since we were in first class for a KOA-PDX flight. Audio and video quality was pretty good.

9. Re: Alaskan Airlines Digeplayer

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, March 28, 2014