We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Meals en route

London, Canada
reviews: 4
Meals en route

I have a 6 hour flight to Costa Rica from Canada. Being a vegan, will there be any problem with the food?

Alberta
reviews: 70
1. Re: Meals en route

Ask the airline you are flying with.

Alberta
reviews: 70
2. Re: Meals en route

to expand on my quick comment, if the airline offers a vegan meal, it would have to be pre-ordered.

norfolk
reviews: 30
3. Re: Meals en route

take snacks just in case. you might need them at the other end too - costa rica is a nation of dedicated carnivours!

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
4. Re: Meals en route

All non-standard meals (vegan, vegetarian, kosher, halal, diabetic, low-salt, whatever) must be pre-ordered. You can't expect the airline to carry a stock of all these just in case somebody wants one. An airline isn't a restaurant and meals are not prepared on board.

Even if the airline says it can provide a vegan meal you should take your own food just in case. It's not unknown for pre-ordered special meals (of any kind) to be forgotten.

Italy
Destination Expert
for Livigno, Lombardy
reviews: 138
5. Re: Meals en route

Most airlines ask you to prebook any special meals beforehand on their website so that's what you'll need to do but that doesn't mean to say you'll like what they give you so I would take some snacks onboard with you just in case.

6. Re: Meals en route

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:15 am, March 27, 2014