We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Malyasia airlines business class seats

UK
reviews: 67
Malyasia airlines business class seats

Hi experts, does anyone have any comments on the best seats on an A380 flight from LHR to KL? We have reserved (know this might change) in 6A,C and D but see on the seat map that there are 2 loos in front and wonder if others have been bothered by these.

Many thanks.

norfolk
reviews: 30
1. Re: Malyasia airlines business class seats

can't answer about business class, i'm afraid :-(

but the lavatories on all the a380s i've been on have very noisy flushes. we were in 61 b & c on a MAS a380 last week, across the aisle from the bulkhead adjoining the lavatories, and i found it quite noisy.

you might find earplugs helpful anyway. the aircraft itself is very quiet, so any cabin noise seems more intrusive.

pam

Australia
reviews: 81
2. Re: Malyasia airlines business class seats

No, you are fine. If you can be upstairs, it's the best, but all of the business class seats on the A380 are located well. I was in the second row from the toilets last trip and there was no noise. Also they kept very clean.

I didn't find any passenger or activity intrusive :)

Sydney
reviews: 36
3. Re: Malyasia airlines business class seats

I'm planning to fly from Sydney to KL with MH. Friends have told me that the business class seats do not fold out flat. They said the seats are like reclining armchairs. However the MH website says that new A330s have been introduced with new seats, from 1st April 2013, but does not mention if the seats fold out flat. Has anyone tried the new seats?

Kuala Lumpur
reviews: 37
4. Re: Malyasia airlines business class seats

The MH flights to and from Australia are on new Airbus A330-300 now from 1 Apr onawards. There are only 2 classes in these flights. Recaro angle lie flat seat is used for Business Class and Weber Slim seat is for economy class. I had flown the business class before on these planes and they are better than the seats on MH 747 and 777 that MH used to fly to Australia. For flight between Syd and KUL I think such seats are good enough. Then from KUL to LHR they only use A380 where business class has 74" seat pitch with lie flat seat which is 30" wide, wider than the capsule type business class seats in Emirates or Thai which is less than 20" wide. There are both pros and cons in the open type and capsule (enclosed) type of business class so it is all depends on individual I guess. I think you should give it a try for MH if the fare is competitive.

Sydney
reviews: 36
5. Re: Malyasia airlines business class seats

Thanks Ewok,

Price is good so, I'll try it out.

6. Re: Malyasia airlines business class seats

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, April 22, 2014