We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Easyjet switches to online check in.

Liverpool, UK
reviews: 14
Easyjet switches to online check in.

A report is todays Daily Telegraph states that EJ is to close all its airport check in desks and replace them with bag drop guests from April 30.

The report also says that 80% of passengers already use OLCI but there would continue to be provision for free airport check in (at the bag drop off desk?) for those who forgot to complete OLCI or print boarding passes but EJ hope this will only be used in exceptional circumstances.

EJ also say they have no plans (unlike Ryanair) to introduce a fee where passengers forget to complete OLCI.

Cala d'Or, Spain
reviews: 88
1. Re: Easyjet switches to online check in.

I think this is a good move.

Why wait for ages at a check in. The OLCI process is so simple and the bag drop off normally takes just a minute or two.

Llandudno North...
reviews: 17
2. Re: Easyjet switches to online check in.

Summer sun destination s where people go for a few weeks can have a lot of people checking a lot of luggage from my experience when I have passed the easyJet desks.

Will be interesting to see how long the lines get at bag drop if there Is a few Spanish or canary island destination flights leaving together.

Good idea and good business sense though. Nice to see unlike Ryanair they still won't be charging for boarding passes at the airport.

:-)

UK
reviews: 83
3. Re: Easyjet switches to online check in.

Why wait for ages at a check in? The OLCI process is so simple and the bag drop off normally takes just a minute or two.

=======

The only time I flew EJ out of Gatwick, the bag drop line was longer than the check in line, so though I had alreday printed my passes, I went to the check in line and it was quicker Really there is a trivial difference in time required to check in or bag drop.

I wonder if they will do the same as BA at T5 with a few kiosks for self service check in and a small number of staff?

I've been to a few airports where you are expected to not just bag drop but print out the boarding tags that go on the cases and put them on.

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
reviews: 73
4. Re: Easyjet switches to online check in.

I think that they want to switch to kiosk check in where available. So you can still check in at the airport and then drop off your bag.

To be honest this is how many airlines (eg klm) now like to operate check in. I actually prefer it as I can see the latest seat map.

Berkshire, England
reviews: 58
5. Re: Easyjet switches to online check in.

Even if you do on line check in, print your boarding pass and luggage labels and go to bag-drop, you still have to wait in line as the check in staff have to to scan your passports and nine times out of ten, they reissue new boarding passess.

Italy
Destination Expert
for Livigno, Lombardy
reviews: 125
6. Re: Easyjet switches to online check in.

If it helps to reduce the queues then I'm all for it.

Seahouses, United...
reviews: 1
7. Re: Easyjet switches to online check in.

Crazypom..I think it takes more than a minute or two. They still have to check your paperwork, weigh your bags, tag them amd put them on the conveyor...then give you your paperwork. About 10 mins is the usual for the two of us.

Worthing, United...
reviews: 11
8. Re: Easyjet switches to online check in.

Hi

Even with six of us checking in together it has never taken more than three or four minutes, as long as everything is in order and ready to be handed over. When it's just me it takes less than a minute.

Jackie

Leyland, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
reviews: 34
9. Re: Easyjet switches to online check in.

10 minutes! It's never taken us anywhere near 10 minutes to check in at any airport, with any airline, even when online check in hasn't been done.

Worthing, United...
reviews: 11
10. Re: Easyjet switches to online check in.

Hi

Maybe it does take ten minutes for two people, then say a plane load with 140 passengers, which means 70 x 10 = 700 Divide that by two for the number of check-in staff per plane, that means 350 minutes to check in a full set of passengers Therefore to be at the other side of security one hour before departure each couple should allow about seven hours to go through.

Now that can't be right. A couple of minutes is more like it, unless you have the wrong paperwork, to many bags which are overweight or oversized, and generally don't know what you are doing.

Jackie