We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ryanair/Portugal - Daylight saving/clock change

Coventry, United...
reviews: 1
Ryanair/Portugal - Daylight saving/clock change

Hello all,

I'm due to fly back from Faro on the 31st of March, flight departs 07:05. I believe the clocks change on that night, going an hour forward.

Main question is, would Ryanair have taken this into account? I contacted the 'helpdesk' and was advised to stick with the local time, but could not guarantee that this will be the case. I recall last year in Morocco, a similar issue occured (I was flying with BMI) and the Easyjet and Ryanair customers seemed to be totally unaware of the change in times.

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated :)

uk
reviews: 20
1. Re: Ryanair/Portugal - Daylight saving/clock change

Portugal and the UK are on the same time meridian ( is that the right word?) the clocks go forward at 2 am, just get to airport in plenty of time and you will be fine.

Deb

Cala d'Or, Spain
reviews: 89
2. Re: Ryanair/Portugal - Daylight saving/clock change

Airlines always work on local time.

Portugal is in the same time zone as the UK.

norfolk
reviews: 30
3. Re: Ryanair/Portugal - Daylight saving/clock change

the issue in morocco last year was not a 'regular' time change. it was decided at pretty short notice to change the clocks for the month of ramadan, effectively moving the fasting hours to make things a little easier on the residents. this change was not communicated very effectively, and some airlines, as well as many passengers, were caught out.

pam

4. Re: Ryanair/Portugal - Daylight saving/clock change

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 1:07 pm, March 23, 2013
Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Leeds
reviews: 130
5. Re: Ryanair/Portugal - Daylight saving/clock change

But the OP does bring up an issue at Morocco which Pam was addressing.

Limerick, Ireland
6. Re: Ryanair/Portugal - Daylight saving/clock change

DST in Portugal and U.K. starts at 01:00 on March 31 st

info : TIMEANDDATE.COM / DST

so your flight will depart at 06:05 GMT

Leyland, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
reviews: 42
7. Re: Ryanair/Portugal - Daylight saving/clock change

The flight will depart at the time on the boarding pass, 07.05 local time. It makes no difference whether the clocks have moved or not.

Italy
Destination Expert
for Livigno, Lombardy
reviews: 127
8. Re: Ryanair/Portugal - Daylight saving/clock change

Just remember to put your alarm clock forward and get to the airport on time, your plane will leave at 7.05am local time.

Syracuse, New York
Destination Expert
for Seven Mile Beach, West Bay, Syracuse
reviews: 69
9. Re: Ryanair/Portugal - Daylight saving/clock change

If it something that you are really worried about, then make sure that you get to the airport in enough time such that if it IS earlier than you expect, you will still get it. Worst case you will have some extra time to wait at the airport - bring music and a good book. :)

Coventry, United...
reviews: 1
10. Re: Ryanair/Portugal - Daylight saving/clock change

Thanks for the input guys. Kind of a newbie to travelling so was getting a little nervous. I see the point in getting there in good time (which I usually do anyway). An extra hour should suffice :)