We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Caution: US Airways Express (PSA) - OH. Strike Three

Cleveland, Ohio
reviews: 17
Caution: US Airways Express (PSA) - OH. Strike Three

Just a caution to others considering US Airways Express .

My family and I have been booked with US Airways Express on three separate occasions in the past couple years. Each and EVERY time the flight has been delayed. Not for minutes, but for HOURS.

I waited at the airport today for six hours for the flight before finally giving up and going home. That was three hours ago. I am SOOOoo glad i left, because the flight finally boarded about an hour ago and those poor folks are delayed AGAIN, which means they are stuck on the tarmac!

Been there, done that with US Airways Express == NEVER AGAIN. I could have literally driven from Ohio to North Carolina by now!

UK
reviews: 88
1. Re: Caution: US Airways Express (PSA) - OH. Strike Three

What caused the delays?

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
reviews: 5
2. Re: Caution: US Airways Express (PSA) - OH. Strike Three

And what were your flight details, especially which airline >>operated<< the flight?

The EXPRESS services by mainline US carriers are operated under contract/franchise by smaller airlines and are officially code shares. SOME of these operators are very GOOD and reliable (think SkyWest who fly under contract for both United and Delta). Others however can be lacking and have very polite, attentive, but ultimately useless service.

Cleveland, Ohio
3. Re: Caution: US Airways Express (PSA) - OH. Strike Three

Each flight was with US Airways Express (PSA): One flight was in February and the "plane is frozen to the ground and can't be moved". One flight was in Aug and was delayed due to "maintenance issues". Yesterday's flight was originally delayed leaving from NC due to "maintenance issues" and once it got to the gate in Ohio it again had "maintenance issues". They literally had to push/pull it out of the gate so the next flight could come in.

Ironically, I ended up behind a young man who said his mother was one of their flight attendents. He said they only have about 20 small planes and "when it's broke, it's broke"

Calgary, Canada
reviews: 43
4. Re: Caution: US Airways Express (PSA) - OH. Strike Three

Its snowing in Cleveland now (according to the weather report) and around much of the East as well I think...

Probably weather related kerfuffle.

Cleveland, Ohio
5. Re: Caution: US Airways Express (PSA) - OH. Strike Three

There was no snow whatsover yesterday. The snow started after I got home last night. We only have a light dusting at this point. It was "maintenance" related.

6. Re: Caution: US Airways Express (PSA) - OH. Strike Three

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, March 24, 2014