We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Configuration on SIN A380 LHR - SIN

London
reviews: 5
Configuration on SIN A380 LHR - SIN

Hi

I'm looking to book a flight on Singapore Airlines A380. I flew a few years back on the A380 on the upper deck in economy and it was fantastic however I have heard there are now 2 configurations on the LHR - SIN route. Does anyone know which flight allows economy seating on the upper deck?

Thanks

Fredericia, Denmark
Destination Expert
for Bentota, Beruwala, Sri Lanka
reviews: 7
1. Re: Configuration on SIN A380 LHR - SIN

Singapore Airlines should know.

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Singapore
reviews: 9
2. Re: Configuration on SIN A380 LHR - SIN

When are you travelling? Because aircraft type will change.

For example, from 31MAR to 13MAY it will be SQ319 Depart LHR 20:35 and SQ308 Depart SIN 09:05.

London
3. Re: Configuration on SIN A380 LHR - SIN

Oh I didn't realised they changed it for the different flights periodically. Thanks for letting me know, that is very helpful.

Not flying until end of year so I'll have to take a gamble and hope it pays off.

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Singapore
reviews: 9
4. Re: Configuration on SIN A380 LHR - SIN

Yes, airlines do change aircraft type due to load factors and rotation for maintenance.

For this yearend, flight SQ305/306 is scheduled for A380 aircraft with Upper Deck Economy.

London
5. Re: Configuration on SIN A380 LHR - SIN

Thanks for the info, sounds like you got insider knowledge!

6. Re: Configuration on SIN A380 LHR - SIN

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, March 24, 2014