We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thomas Cook Airlines. Gatwick - Orlando (Sandford)

South Shields...
Thomas Cook Airlines. Gatwick - Orlando (Sandford)

hello

has anyone flown this route with Thomas Cook recently?

I'm going in April and I wanted to know if they have TVs in the seats, how many in flight meals you get and do you have to pay for drinks?

i have flown to Orlando with Virgin before and am expecting this to be very different!!

Leyland, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
reviews: 34
1. Re: Thomas Cook Airlines. Gatwick - Orlando (Sandford)

Unless you've been advised otherwise, the flights are scheduled on A330s which have seatback IFE. You get a meal and a snack on the outbound journey, and a meal and breakfast on the return. All drinks, apart from tea/coffee with meals have to be paid for. You will get a bigger seat pitch than on Virgin.

South Shields...
2. Re: Thomas Cook Airlines. Gatwick - Orlando (Sandford)

thank you for the reply! the flight details said it was on a 332-325 but have searched the plane and found no results

Leyland, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
3. Re: Thomas Cook Airlines. Gatwick - Orlando (Sandford)

The Thomas Cook A332s (A330-200s) all have seatback IFE.

Wellington, United...
4. Re: Thomas Cook Airlines. Gatwick - Orlando (Sandford)

I am also flying on a 332-325 which I understand is known as A330-200s plane, I pre booked seats and now it is nearer the time, toilets have appeared in front of my pre-booked seats. They weren't there when I booked them! My only hope is that the toilets are downstairs - does anyone know if this is the case for the A330-200s planes?

Leyland, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
5. Re: Thomas Cook Airlines. Gatwick - Orlando (Sandford)

The toilets have always been on the seating plan as far as I know. Which seats have you booked? TCX A330s do have downstairs toilets, if they are using one of their own aircraft.

Wellington, United...
6. Re: Thomas Cook Airlines. Gatwick - Orlando (Sandford)

They weren't when I paid £10 each way for 30D, E and F! When I look at the plan now, the seats appear to be the £40 each way per seat extra legroom seats and the toilets have appeared! Whilst I'm very pleased to have apparently got a bargain with extra legroom seats without paying for them, I am concerned we may be sitting right by the toilets on an 11 hour flight! We are going with Thomas Cook airlines.

Leyland, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
7. Re: Thomas Cook Airlines. Gatwick - Orlando (Sandford)

If row 30 are extra legroom, then it is a TCX A330. The toilets are downstairs in that location, so the stairs down are in front of you. You may find passengers queuing around there, as they're not allowed to queue on the stairs.

If they weren't there originally, and you've only paid for standard seating, it sounds like they may have changed the aircraft since you booked.

Wellington, United...
8. Re: Thomas Cook Airlines. Gatwick - Orlando (Sandford)

They must have cos we didn't pay for extra leg room. Unfortunately the Thomas Cook site for looking at your booking seems to be down for a few days so I can't double check it is still extra legroom. I think we'll take the legroom and the loitering crowds! Mind you, having read the reviews, it seems just as likely that we won't get the seats we've booked anyway! thanks for your help.

Leyland, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
9. Re: Thomas Cook Airlines. Gatwick - Orlando (Sandford)

It's not often seat numbers are changed, although no one posts to say that their's weren't, only to say they were!

10. Re: Thomas Cook Airlines. Gatwick - Orlando (Sandford)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, May 03, 2014