We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flight Network- Credit Card Fraud Scam

Whistler, Canada
Flight Network- Credit Card Fraud Scam

Hello all.

I wanted to share the aweful experience I have had with flight network recently.

I recently bought a ticket with flight netowrk using a promotional code.

Online it was made clear that the credit card would be charged for a full amount of the flights, and a credit would be made back to the card for the amount of the promotional code.

However what occured was quite different.

1. I was credited the amount that the discounted flight would cost to my credit card by flight network themselves

2. I was charged for the full cost flight from the air carrier directly.

3. I was then charged the discounted flight cost from by credit card by fligth network personally

4. I was credited the $20 promotional code.

So I phoned flight network and spoke to Pamela, who assured me that an error had been made and the operator who made the transaction had chagred my card the discounted amount, noticed the error and so refunded the same cost, in order to process it correctly.

Firstly this is not true. The credit was put on first and then taken off afterwards, as verified with my credit card company.

But secondly and more importantly, the same day as the credit appeared on the card, my credit card details were stolen and a number of charges made to my card in Mississauga, Ontario, the same location as where flight network is based.

I believe that this is a "scam" made by the flight network employee who made this "error". Had the credit not been made to the card, it would not have been able to be used.

Don't use this website if you want to protect your money.

8 replies to this topic
Italy
Destination Expert
for Livigno, Lombardy
reviews: 125
1. Re: Flight Network- Credit Card Fraud Scam

thanks for the warning, it does sound like employeee used the card.

Syracuse, New York
Destination Expert
for Seven Mile Beach, West Bay, Syracuse
reviews: 65
2. Re: Flight Network- Credit Card Fraud Scam

If I understand this correctly, you weren't out of pocket in any way with the transactions - your issue with the transactions themselves was that they appeared out of order - the credit before the mistaken debit, yes?

But the end result of these is that what they said would happen, actually happened. So from a company-wide perspective, they were ok.

The issue with an employee using your credit card information to make fraudulent purchases may well be a company issue, but it may also be an issue with that single employee - I would, as a courtesy, suggest informing the company that fraudulent charges were made in their area right after they booked so that they have the option of taking disciplinary action against that employee (i.e. firing them).

Luckily, the way Credit Card companies react to these sorts of things is to not make you pay any money once you have reported the illegal use, so you're not out of pocket, just have the hassle of changing your card over to a replacement.

Disclaimer: I don't know the company, and absolutely do not work for them.

Whistler, Canada
3. Re: Flight Network- Credit Card Fraud Scam

I spoke to someone from flight network today after contacting them regarding this matter.

They explained the unusual transactions were down to an error made by a new sales agent, and that all credit cards numbers are not kept on file.

Saskatoon, Canada
4. Re: Flight Network- Credit Card Fraud Scam

It was even worse with me. The price on vacation was 505 online, but after I push "submit" it was change to 800. I try to book for March 11-the day appear March 5. At the time I call them in the morning "I missed my flight". Credit Company been inform as soon as I realize that Flight Network did sell me a Vacation in 7 hours prior departure time, $300 more then listed.

Still in a process of resolving this situation.

Horrible serves-stay away from this company, "2nd largest in a Canada"(((

Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Travel Gadgets and Gear
reviews: 194
5. Re: Flight Network- Credit Card Fraud Scam

Did you contact your credit card company and make them aware of the problems with the charges? It would seem like your card is now jeopardized.

Saskatoon, Canada
6. Re: Flight Network- Credit Card Fraud Scam

I did-and Master Card pending Flight Network request. But guess what they did? SunWing charge me instead the same amount. And SunWing do not want to deal with me because Flight Network did sell me vacation.

Check what they have on a web site http://www.flightnetwork.com/pages/faq.htm.

"In order to ensure delivery of your tickets prior to your departure, we cannot accept bookings for travel within 3 business days of your departure date via the internet. For last minute booking please call our call centre."

But instead they sold me wrong price, wrong day vacation 6 hours prior departure .Stay away from Flight Network, as well as from SunWing.

Markham, Canada
7. Re: Flight Network- Credit Card Fraud Scam

Flight Network is a scam. I too had issues with them. I recently purchased a flight: WestJet (departing) and Air Canada (returning) from Miami to Toronto. After I had purchased my flight, the online confirmation said that the WestJet flight showed a "failed" status and to call their 1-800 number which I did immediately. They told me the cost was now another $70 and the 6:15 am WestJet flight was no longer available! However the Air Canada flight was already reserved and confirmed. The only other flight from WestJet was at 2:40pm which did not work for my plans. I told them to cancel the entire transaction. I then went online with WestJet and surprise, surprise, booked my 6:15am flight without a problem. Used my aeroplan miles to book the same flight that Air Canada offered. Do NOT use this company, what a bunch of crooks. A total waste of time and they do not honor their website or confirmation pricing, instead they take the opportunity to charge you more money.

Montreal
8. Re: Flight Network- Credit Card Fraud Scam

I had a similar experience with Flight Networks as well.

They are scam! I booked a flight with price protection. Then I found the same flight on their web site few days after and $90 cheaper.

On the web site, I requested for the credit but it was showing no cheaper flight could be found. I called them and they mentioned that they would fix it and credit the difference toward the next trip.

They never did! When I called back few days after, they said they never have problem with web site and denied everything.

Reply to: Flight Network- Credit Card Fraud Scam
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted