We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Checked in Hold baggage

Manchester, United...
reviews: 1
Checked in Hold baggage

We are travelling to Cape Verde with Thomsons travel and were wondering if we are allowed to take small sachets of UHT milk in our checked in luggage as the hotel we are staying in does not provide Coffee and Tea facilities in the rooms and we would like to take our own supplies of Tea, Coffee and Milk.

Thank you

Martin B

madeira
Destination Expert
for Funchal, Madeira, Madeira Islands
reviews: 29
1. Re: Checked in Hold baggage

You can but milk in the shops in Santa Maria, also tea and coffee.

Manchester, United...
2. Re: Checked in Hold baggage

We're going to the Riu Toureg in Boa Vista which is pretty isolated, thanks for your reply.

Liverpool
reviews: 9
3. Re: Checked in Hold baggage

Hi Martin

We take some marvel in our checked in luggage, until we can get to a shop. You could ask for a couple of extra sachets of milk on the plane.

Margaurite

Edinburgh, United...
reviews: 659
4. Re: Checked in Hold baggage

ypu can take any amount of liquid in your checked luggage,it is not a problem

Manchester, United...
5. Re: Checked in Hold baggage

I was just wondering if there were any issues as it is a dairy product.

Thanks

UK
reviews: 87
6. Re: Checked in Hold baggage

If its been UHT treated i cant see why there would be an issue.

Geneva, Switzerland
Destination Expert
for Geneva, Liechtenstein, Air Travel
reviews: 283
7. Re: Checked in Hold baggage

Technically you can. Now issues I can see is temperatures on the ground (but if everything goes normally, then it won't be a problem) and leaking. I don't put milk in my coffee. Is powder milk really tasting different?

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Bangkok, Air Travel, Thailand
reviews: 71
8. Re: Checked in Hold baggage

Hi,

The only part that the airline would care or have issue with is IF it were a 'fresh" food item (like fresh fruits, etc); where spoilage and possible contamination of other bags might be a risk. They commonly won't accept these kinds of food items for just that risk, or if accepted or undeclared, won't cover loss or damage due to spoilage etc.

Aside from that, they largely don't care...

Customs on the other hand may be a different matter as their concerns are much broader in terms of what's permissible for entry

Travel Safe,

9. Re: Checked in Hold baggage

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, March 13, 2014