We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cancelled flight

Cheltenham, United...
reviews: 2
Cancelled flight

I recently booked a flight to Berlin through Airport Direct travel.

When I arrived at the airport I found that there was no flight at the time given, and never had been! I am now struggling to get some kind of compensation for the £900+ I have lost. Has anyone else had problems with this company?

Edinburgh, United...
reviews: 15
1. Re: Cancelled flight

Talk to your card-provider about disputing the charge.

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
reviews: 5
2. Re: Cancelled flight

http://www.airportdirecttravel.co.uk

Yuck! Terrible site. I just tried a dummy booking from LHR to PDX (home). They don't recognize Portland in their listings. Plus, as I was waiting for the "search engine" I noticed the "calls are charged at 10p/min from a BT landline ..." gunk.

Can't say if they're an out and out scam, but definitely one to avoid with about 25 bargepoles roped up in series.

OP - do as Lex as suggested. If you've called the airline and they have no record of your booking, dispute the charge with your credit card company.

Salisbury, United...
reviews: 55
3. Re: Cancelled flight

Hope you paid with a credit card and can dispute it. Some debit cards may offer protection, contact you bank. If you paid by any other means you may be out of luck.

Good luck.

UK
reviews: 77
4. Re: Cancelled flight

Wouldn't the name of this company, eg "Airport Direct Travel ? " have been a better subject title if you were trying to determine if other people had had an issue with the company?

"Cancelled Flight" doesn't bear any direct relevance or help someone else who has had an issue with them find your thread, especially if your flight wasn't cancelled if as you say, it never existed to begin with !!

What was the flight? Do you have a number for it?eg BA077 or some such? Were you ever able to view your booking on the applicable airlines website?

canterbury
reviews: 58
5. Re: Cancelled flight

900 £ from the uk to berlin seems a tad high to me.

Cala d'Or, Spain
reviews: 79
6. Re: Cancelled flight

Did you not check the price of flights against those with your chosen airline or did you book with Airport Direct Travel because they were cheap.

I assume you did not check the status of the flight prior to travelling, had you have done so surely that would have revealed the non existent flight.

Contact your credit card company for a refund and I would suggest booking directly with the airlines in the future.

Cheltenham, United...
reviews: 2
7. Re: Cancelled flight

Thanks for your helpful response.

8. Re: Cancelled flight

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, March 13, 2014