We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How was your experience with Makemytrip.com?

How was your experience with Makemytrip.com?

I have used this site before and was fine. However, I am in India now and needed to make changes to a Indian domestic flight I booked while I was in the States. I signed on to Live chat with their Indian support team. The nice young man transferred me to the US chat team, who did not come on the chat for at least 10 minutes even though said someone will talk to me in 3.03 (silly me I thought it was minutes) they must have meant 3 hours.

There is no number for the US customer support telephone number on the US site.

I had to use Google to find their phone number.

When I finally got through to the US team, the gentleman could not understand me even though we are both from India. He offered to change my ticket and told me there was a $100 change penalty, but he could not tell me what the total charge would be,

I could not talk to a supervisor, he claimed there was no one on the floor. I cannot imagine a call center without a supervisor on duty.

Net I would not use makemytrip again, because they are not set up to easily handle the changes that necessarily happens in a business trip.

Dev

Cala d'Or, Spain
reviews: 89
1. Re: How was your experience with Makemytrip.com?

Most sensible people book directly with the airlines involved. This tends to alleviate all the problems you are no having with foreign call centres with un trained and unhelpful staff.

uk
reviews: 186
2. Re: How was your experience with Makemytrip.com?

Book direct next time to avoid this.

India
3. Re: How was your experience with Makemytrip.com?

Dear Dev,

At the outset, we sincerely apologize for the unpleasant instance.

With reference to your complaint, we request you to please share your booking Id or write to triphelp@makemytrip.com, so that we can look into matter.

Regards,

Team-MakeMyTrip Care

4. Re: How was your experience with Makemytrip.com?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:15 am, March 17, 2014