We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Printing Ryanair Tickets without Bar code

Dublin, Ireland
Printing Ryanair Tickets without Bar code

I have printed out a Ryanair Ticket but it does not have a bar code. will that cause a problem

17 replies to this topic
Bodmin, United...
Destination Expert
for Cornwall, Santa Ponsa
reviews: 76
1. Re: Printing Ryanair Tickets without Bar code

What you need to print out is your boarding card not the ticket.

Llandudno North...
reviews: 17
2. Re: Printing Ryanair Tickets without Bar code

Unhelpful post above. Yes it is your boarding card not your ticket technically. But anyway.......

They scan your boarding card at the entrance to security and before boarding. You will need to re print it with the barcode otherwise you will be charged at the airport for them to reprint it for you.

:-)

United Kingdom
reviews: 4
3. Re: Printing Ryanair Tickets without Bar code

This happened to me last year. I had not noticed that the bar code was not showing on my Boarding Pass. At security, I was told to go to the help desk where my BP was 'stamped' and all was fine.

Edinburgh, United...
reviews: 15
4. Re: Printing Ryanair Tickets without Bar code

"Unhelpful post above."

I think maybe it was based on a worry that the OP was trying to print the wrong thing, e.g. his email confirmation, and that this was the reason there was no barcode.

I would try to access and print the boarding pass from a different computer.

UK
reviews: 88
5. Re: Printing Ryanair Tickets without Bar code

Agreed, it wasn't unhelpful at all, it was pointing out that the OP was likely printing out / doing the wrong thing, which is what I said in my response to the OPs other thread, adding the question " did you go through the online checkin procedure" which is what I suspect they haven't done.

Edited: 3:16 am, March 08, 2013
UK
6. Re: Printing Ryanair Tickets without Bar code

From the other thread;

First of all are you sure there isn't a bar code? Not a bar code sized area with a set of "speckles"?

Second, how did you print it? Did you go through the online checkin procedure?

London UK
7. Re: Printing Ryanair Tickets without Bar code

If your boarding pass has printed without a barcode Ryanair will reprint it at the airport for free. Simply take it to the bagdrop desk and show it to them.

They do not charge for reprints if you can show that you have followed their instructions but have simply encountered a technical problem.

Nottingham, United...
reviews: 1
8. Re: Printing Ryanair Tickets without Bar code

Thank you to all the helpful posts. I too had the same problem this morning & I google search to see if it happens to anybody else. I managed to print one with barcode. But the other 2 from different booking there was not barcode! I then log in again & it still shows no barcode. Seeing Irish John post I can now relax :)

Edited: 6:52 am, April 09, 2013
Wales
reviews: 18
9. Re: Printing Ryanair Tickets without Bar code

I am having difficulties too! I've gone through the correct procedures but after printing out several times there is still not barcode on paper copies even though it is on screen! Have even phoned Ryanair who tell me to delete Browsing History and try again! No luck so far. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

UK
10. Re: Printing Ryanair Tickets without Bar code

In order.

Delete your browser cache and history and try again.

Try using a different browser.

Try saving it as a pdf and see if you can print it then.

Reply to: Printing Ryanair Tickets without Bar code
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted