We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

United

Bournemouth
reviews: 5
United

Hi all, probably a stupid question but it will put my mind at ease.

I have booked on a United flight, just entered the details went to add something else and it has wiped all my passport and address details. I went back in again and it has wiped it all again.Does it actually save it?

Thanks.

11 replies to this topic
Brechin, United...
Destination Expert
for Disneyland Paris, Marne-la-Vallee
reviews: 35
1. Re: United

I asked the same question last week and got no replies.

Bournemouth
2. Re: United

Oh that's not sounding promising.

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Air Travel, Business Travel
reviews: 77
3. Re: United

Yes, it saves it, but you can also save it in your profile so that it is there all the time. It doesn't appear on screen refreshes as it is considered confidential info.

Sign in to your MileagePlus account and update it on your profile and you will never have to enter it.

Bournemouth
4. Re: United

Thank you very much, very helpful information :)

Brechin, United...
Destination Expert
for Disneyland Paris, Marne-la-Vallee
reviews: 35
5. Re: United

Thanks from me as well

Jacksonville...
reviews: 199
6. Re: United

If you commonly fly United, just save it in your profile, as GeoMedic said. Problem solved. It is weird, though.

7. Re: United

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 5:05 pm, November 01, 2013

Watford, United...
reviews: 12
8. Re: United

Well thanks for the necropost rant Tobes. Have your passport details been wiped too because that is what the thread is about?

cheshire
reviews: 6
9. Re: United

This is interesting. I was informed by United call centre in USA due European legislation that United could not save your/my details (passport detail) as I live in Europe/UK hope this prove useful. I didn't worry one little bit on my last United flight and had no problems

Edited: 1:16 pm, November 30, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
reviews: 143
10. Re: United

That response from UA was curious to me.

We both have our US Passport info in our UA Profiles. In 2013, we flew SFO-LHR twice, SFO-CDG twice and SFO-SYD once. We never had to enter in our Passport info. Heck, to SYD, they still had our UA electronic visa, from two years before. Just booked SFO-LHR for 2014, and all info was still in place.

I wonder if I am mis-reading something here?

It's the same for our GOES numbers (also in UA Profile), but that only applies when returning to the USA.

Reply to: United
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted