We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travelling VA First class

Munich, Germany
Travelling VA First class

Hallo everyone,

I was given First class trip to the US as a gift by relatives and am a real newbie to this kind of exclusive travel. I have a couple of silly questions as well:

I have ordered an Asian vegetarian meal and wanted to know if anyone has any experience of Veggie food in BA First class. Also, are the meals in the BA Lounges affordable for someone who would normally be in the Economy section?

Many thanks! The forum is great by the way!

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
reviews: 53
1. Re: Travelling VA First class

Also, are the meals in the BA Lounges affordable for someone who would normally be in the Economy section?

I'm confused by what you mean. All the meals are free??

I've flown BA First many times but not tried to the vegetarian meals.

UK
reviews: 81
2. Re: Travelling VA First class

VA or BA?

Meals, wine, beer, drinks, snacks, wifi etc etc in the lounge are free whichever it is.

Munich, Germany
reviews: 35
3. Re: Travelling VA First class

Meals in BA First tend to be something comparable to, say, an average fancy-level restaurant - they do their best, but obviously have limited preparation/cooking facilities... Plus everything tends to taste blander in the air.

Everything in the lounges are complimentary. Munich has a shared business/first lounge with free drinks, snacks, internet etc.

Munich to US will be via Heathrow (presumably) where you'll have access to the Concorde room. Booking a longish transfer period (3-4 hours) will give you time to have a free massage/beauty treatment. Concorde Room and BA First again offer I'd say nice canteen food, fine wines and spirits and plenty of extras. Food will be better on the plane. I personally stick to the BA First lounge as the food and wine seem to be much the same and I prefer to be able to just go and grab it myself rather than having to be forced to ask the staff there. If you have enough time then visit both!

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
reviews: 53
4. Re: Travelling VA First class

Booking a longish transfer period (3-4 hours) will give you time to have a free massage/beauty treatment.

These (along with the cabanas) can be booked ahead of time by calling YouFirst. This gives you a leg up on the BA Golds and Club World passengers who can only get treatments on the day.

The caterers for the lounges at Terminal 5 are due to change imminently, with any luck that should bring the standard up. I find that the standard of food in the Concorde Room can be quite variable, some things are very nice whilst others are not too hot. I think given the fares F can be the standard of food should be a lot higher in Concorde Dining.

5. Re: Travelling VA First class

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:15 am, March 06, 2014