We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thomas Cook API problems

Southampton, England
reviews: 10
Thomas Cook API problems

Anyone else, noticed that when they put in their details save it and go back to it later, its all gone. This happened to me 4 times and in the end, i had to get Thomas Cook to Manually enter my details.

Thought i would give you the heads up and if i were you, go have a little check.

Leyland, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
reviews: 44
1. Re: Thomas Cook API problems

Had you been clicking on the finalise button before exiting the booking?

Once you have added your API you need to click on continue on the top right of the screen, then you will see a message in orange stating you have made changes to your booking, asking you to click finalise.

Once you do this you will receive email confirmation from flythomascook to indicate that your API has been completed successfully.

Lot's of people seem to miss that button, and then the API doesn't save.

Edited: 7:43 am, March 04, 2013
Southampton, England
2. Re: Thomas Cook API problems

Yep did all that, log off come back on api still there, with change api details. Log off longer, i go back and everything gone.

Leyland, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
reviews: 44
3. Re: Thomas Cook API problems

Very strange, but at least you're all sorted now.

Southampton, England
4. Re: Thomas Cook API problems

I noticed 505 error too, when trying to add seats. Had to do that via the chat system too.I am good on computers, build sites in my spare time etc, video editing bla bla bla. So went through it all. Wonders if its a chrome thing, setting etc, thinking about it, it cant be. As it was saved and wiped off when i went back and looked a while later.

5. Re: Thomas Cook API problems

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:15 am, March 06, 2014