We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Australian domestic flight restrictions

Perth, Australia
reviews: 129
Australian domestic flight restrictions

I'm flying from Perth to Adelaide soon. What are the restrictions regarding liquids etc - same as international flights or not? Also do I need my passport for ID or is my driving licence okay? Thanks.

Nannup, Australia
reviews: 24
1. Re: Australian domestic flight restrictions

Perth Airport liquids requirements here

perthairport.com.au/PassengerInformation/Sec…

Restrictions are only for international travel.

ID requirements for QF listed here

qantas.com.au/travel/…en

Perth, Australia
reviews: 129
2. Re: Australian domestic flight restrictions

Thanks!

Sydney/Melbourne
reviews: 41
3. Re: Australian domestic flight restrictions

I've never taken a passport for domestic travel.

If you check in online and don't have checked baggage, under normal circumstances, no one is going to ask you for ID of any sort.

Tiger & Jetstar don't allow hot liquids to be taken on board (presumably so they can sell you some during the flight)

Melbourne, Australia
reviews: 53
4. Re: Australian domestic flight restrictions

The hot liquid thing on board is for safety reasons during take-off.

Perth, Australia
reviews: 27
5. Re: Australian domestic flight restrictions

I have a Q-Tag on my suitcase, which means I check-in on line at home, put my case on the baggage drop, the red laser scans the tag and off the case goes. I see no one until I go through security.

There is always somewhere there to help if you have any problems.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
reviews: 204
6. Re: Australian domestic flight restrictions

I flew melbourne to Sydney a few days ago, and was surprised not to have any sort of ID check at any point! (Jetstar)

Frankfurt, Germany
reviews: 3
7. Re: Australian domestic flight restrictions

There is no ID check point for domestic flights. You might need it at the check in counter, but in any case a Driver's license will be fine.

By the way you don't even need a boarding pass to go through security at (most if not all) domestic airports.

8. Re: Australian domestic flight restrictions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, March 06, 2014