We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

us airways

Limerick, Ireland
us airways

thinking of booking trip from ireland to america with us airways what are they like to fly with?

10 replies to this topic
Limerick, Ireland
1. Re: us airways

For airline reviews and comments

Google : SKYTRAX

for airfares and routes

Google ; "MATRIX AIRFARE SEARCH"

Where are you heading to ?

good luck.

Chicago, Illinois
reviews: 75
2. Re: us airways

They're fine. Similar to any of the other major US airlines. They all have their fans and detractors.

ireland
reviews: 11
3. Re: us airways

Flew with them from Dublin to las Vegas via philadelphia last week. They were fine.

Pros:

Philadelphia airport was a dream to connect through.

No need to touch your bag - it goes straight to destination.

Very on time.

Cons:

Mediocre food and I usually don't mind plane food.

Staff weren't the friendliest.

The biggie although it might depend on plane type - no personal tv even in business class.

The plane from Dublin to Philadelphia had v cramped seats, similar to Ryanair. The next flight was better.

Hope this helps. Having said all that, if the price was right I'd fly with them again. I consider all flights much like buses with wings. They're all quite similar in economy and they main thing is they get you there safely and on time.

Belfast
reviews: 8
4. Re: us airways

If you are passing through business class you will not see personal screens but I thought the cabin crew normally distribute a tablet style screen out on that cabin for the dub - phl flight.

Value for money us airways usually wins over for me and I find the majority of the crew helpful although there always send to be one very grumpy one on each flight, but I can handle the one.

Dublin, Ireland
reviews: 82
5. Re: us airways

If the price and timings suit, I would have no hesitation using them.

Food is edible - basic in-flight food , cabin crew tend to be more *senior* , smooth transfers through PHL or CLT. Entertainment is shared overhead tv's unless traveling in Envoy when its individual tablet screens.

Limerick, Ireland
6. Re: us airways

thanks for replys very helpful best price so think i will book

Syracuse, New York
Destination Expert
for Seven Mile Beach, West Bay, Syracuse
reviews: 69
7. Re: us airways

I have to say that I am surprised at the comment about no need to touch your bag in PHL when doing a DUB->PHL->LAS itinerary.

Every time I have come from Europe into the US with a connecting flight to another city, I have to pick up my bags and clear customs and immigration in the first port of entry (which in this itinerary would be PHL) - I then drop my bags off at a transfer desk and then have to wait in the queues to go through security again. This has happened to me very single time, including through Philly.

Has something changed recently that I have missed?

Jackson, Michigan
8. Re: us airways

Dublin is a U.S. Pre-clearance airport, so all flights arriving from there are treated as domestic.

Limerick, Ireland
9. Re: us airways

SNN and DUB both have CBP present

more details Youtube following

" U.S. PRE-CLEARANCE AT DUBLIN AIRPORT "

Also between May and Sept, U.S. Air is flying from

SNN to PHL direct.

10. Re: us airways

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 4:05 pm, September 03, 2013

Reply to: us airways
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted