We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

asiana customer service - appalling level of service

Dublin, Ireland
reviews: 25
asiana customer service - appalling level of service

Does anyone else have a problem with Asiana website, and call centre? Their website doesnt seem to work at all on iPads, because no Adobe Flashplayer. Then using a PC, I tried to change my seat allocation. Printed out the changes, which were accepted. Then I exited the programme, and checked it again. It =had reverted to the previous seat numbers. I called Customer Service. After about 2 hours, they answered. Very hard to understand their english. Was passed to two different reps. Eventually they hung up. At 900 USD a seat, I guess Im just lucky to have a seat with Asiana. Next time Ill travel with Air Asia. Sometimes low cost is actually better .

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
reviews: 5
1. Re: asiana customer service - appalling level of service

Asiana's website isn't the best, but their customer service is excellent - I've spoken with their call center to discuss seat assignments and they've been absolutely fine - as is their onboard service which is out of this world (in a good way).

But feel free never to fly them again. In the spirit of mickt and joeintheuk saying adios to avios, your not flying Asiana gives more seats at better fares to me, which I'll lap up with relish. Thank you.

Shoalhaven...
reviews: 151
2. Re: asiana customer service - appalling level of service

You have not even flown Aisana yet, and you are saying you will fly Air Asia next time. lol.

Chiang Khong...
reviews: 1
3. Re: asiana customer service - appalling level of service

Hi

Maybe they couldn't understand you

I know I have a hard time understanding a thick irish brogue

and if you are this upset at a perceived seating problem on a flight you haven't even flown yet

what will you do if there is a major problem like not getting the correct meal you ordered LOL

Hong Kong, China
reviews: 138
4. Re: asiana customer service - appalling level of service

Stay with air asia, and those of us in the know will happily fly asiana, a great airline.

and complaints about people's level of english is offensive and arbitrary.

Portland, Oregon
reviews: 47
5. Re: asiana customer service - appalling level of service

I agree that Asiana's site is strictly for the birds, but their onboard product is awesome - especially the friendly/helpful FA's (you will not find better)

Hong Kong, China
reviews: 138
6. Re: asiana customer service - appalling level of service

@daawgon, OP will certainly not find better cabin crew on Air Asia! ha!

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
reviews: 5
7. Re: asiana customer service - appalling level of service

@bimindonesia, Ssshhh! keep quiet. You had it right in post 4. :-)

All those flight attendants do is smile. So what that they serve efficiently, make sure everyone's seat is upright during the meal service, and sometimes put on a fashion show dressing up in traditional Korean costumes mid flight. But they don't understand "cor blimey guv" and so you should never fly with them.

And never ever mention the fact that Asiana has a free App on iTunes that would have solved the OP's computer problem in the first place ... oops :-)

8. Re: asiana customer service - appalling level of service

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:15 am, March 05, 2014