We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

connection in torronto?

connection in torronto?

Im connecting in toronto to get to orlando what is the minimum time i should leave?

Newmarket, Canada
reviews: 36
1. Re: connection in torronto?

That's a difficult question to answer given the limited information you've provided.

What time of year? What airline(s) and will you have a terminal change? Where are you flying in from? SIngle ticket or multiple tickets (not recommended)? Will you have checked baggage or just carry-on? Do you have Nexus?

Pittsburgh...
reviews: 59
2. Re: connection in torronto?

I would leave no less than 2 hours if you are an experienced carry-on only traveler, 3 if you checked bags, have children or are not familiar with the airport for any international connection.

In Toronto customs I have seen the craziest lines and a mass of humanity that vaguely resembled a line. The airport is built for the volume, but I'd rather be on the safe side.

Toronto, Canada
3. Re: connection in torronto?

Ring0rosie's time guidance is probably good, a little on the cautious side, as long as you're travelling on a single ticket. (But from what I've seen, the lines are usually pretty well-organized.) Separate tickets, all bets are off.

If you say which airline(s) and where from, it's a lot easier to give specific advice.

4. Re: connection in torronto?

Air canada from london heathrow and then toronto to orlando international with air canada

Toronto, Canada
5. Re: connection in torronto?

OK, then two hours would be good. Upon arrival in Toronto, follow the purple Connections signs to "F" Gates (US-bound flights). You will not need to clear Canadian immigration and customs, but instead will go directly to US immigration and customs (which is handled in Toronto rather than upon arrival in Orlando).

As you enter the US customs area, you'll need to claim your bags, then clear US immigration and customs, then drop checked bags back off, then re-clear security.

Toronto, Canada
reviews: 31
6. Re: connection in torronto?

MattinTO (and OP)-Air Canada just recently changed their procedures at Toronto so that you need not collect your bags when your arrive in Canada at YYZ if you are arriving on AC. This is good news for people connecting

---

February 18, 2013

Effective immediately, when you travel to the U.S. from Canada or an international airport on Air Canada and you have a connecting flight at Toronto Pearson (YYZ), your bags will automatically be transferred to your connecting flight.

That means that you no longer need to collect your bags before proceeding to U.S. Customs and Border protection for processing and security screening, making connecting to the United States at Toronto Pearson (YYZ) faster, easier and more convenient than ever before.

------------------------------

Here is the press release:

http://www.aircanada.com/en/news/130218.html

7. Re: connection in torronto?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, March 06, 2014