We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Movies on Ipad

East Northport, New...
Movies on Ipad

Flying to Paris from New York in May. Can I buy movies from iTunes on my ipad and view them while flying? My ipad is just wifi enabled and I do not believe Delta has planes equipped for wifi as yet. I am a bit confused as to why I cannot view them without wifi. Or, can I purchase them on my Mac Pro and then transfer to ipad and they will play without wifi? Thanks

Seattle, Washington
reviews: 85
1. Re: Movies on Ipad

Advise you simply use your iPad to purchase movies from iTunes and download them directly onto your iPad. You can also download them onto your computer and transfer to your iPad.

You do not need wifi if you do this; the movie is on your iPad.

East Northport, New...
2. Re: Movies on Ipad

That is what I thought, but I tried viewing some television shows I purchased and when I turned off the wifi to see if it worked a notice of iTunes said I did not have a connection. So that is when I got confused!

Cypress, Texas
3. Re: Movies on Ipad

Not sure if it is different, but I have a Kindle. I have the option of storing movies on the kindle itself or on the Cloud. If it is stored on the Cloud then you will need WIFI to view it.

Angel

Frankfurt, Germany
reviews: 3
4. Re: Movies on Ipad

I've bought dozens of TV shows and movies on my iPad in advance and watched them on the plane. I even rented some of them. I don't see why you would need an internet connection to view stuff you already downloaded.

When does the notice come up? If you open iTunes or accidently hit "More videos" in the overview it tries to connect to iTunes, which it can't do without an internet connection.

Make sure the videos are fully downloaded.

Worthing, United...
reviews: 11
5. Re: Movies on Ipad

Hi

I rip my DVD's to my computer then load them onto my iPad for travelling.

Jackie

East Northport, New...
6. Re: Movies on Ipad

Ok thanks. I think I understand the problem now. They are in the Cloud and not downloaded onto the ipad.

Jacksonville...
reviews: 199
7. Re: Movies on Ipad

Easy. Download the movies/tv/music while you have Wifi on land. Preferably at home or office. When they're done downloading, turn your iPad onto Airplane mode to test. Make sure they work. Bring on airplane, bing bam boom.

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
reviews: 73
8. Re: Movies on Ipad

Jeez you would think that if the films are in The Cloud and whilst in a plane so are you then it should work, right??

UK
reviews: 81
9. Re: Movies on Ipad

LOL Ronaldo :-)

Nannup, Australia
reviews: 24
10. Re: Movies on Ipad

Maybe cumulonimbus and stratus are incompatible?