We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vueling reschedule of flight - Nantes to Malaga

Abu Dhabi
reviews: 19
Vueling reschedule of flight - Nantes to Malaga

Vueling has advised me of a flight change - no problem - but is scheduled two days after I'm supposed to be in Spain! I've emailed three times, tried to call but no one answers the English line. There is a suitable flight that leaves from Paris to Malaga on the right day. Does anyone know where or how to request this change?

Llandudno North...
reviews: 17
1. Re: Vueling reschedule of flight - Nantes to Malaga

Under EU ruling 261/2004 you have the choice, either, a full refund of the ticket so you can book your alternative flight, or you can get Vueling to re route you to Malaga, using a different carrier if necessary.

Look up some alternative flights so when you call/ email them you have the information to hand.

I take it this flight is more than 14 days away? If not you will also be entitled to compensation.

:-)

Abu Dhabi
2. Re: Vueling reschedule of flight - Nantes to Malaga

Excellent news, thanks. Now I just need to get them to respond to me! There is a suitable flight out from Paris on 14 September. The flight was changed to a later time on 16 September (can most people wait around a couple of days?!) I have sent them a second contact form with the request to re-route via Paris, just wasn't sure if they would do this or not. I've tried to call from Australia, but just end up in a long wait. Can only wait so long on an international call.

Llandudno North...
reviews: 17
3. Re: Vueling reschedule of flight - Nantes to Malaga

Remind them of their obligations to you under the ruling EU261/2004 if they try and make excuses!!

good luck

:-)

Edinburgh, United...
reviews: 15
4. Re: Vueling reschedule of flight - Nantes to Malaga

Note that they're strictly speaking not required to offer you a new flight from a different departure airport. Would you be out of pocket if you booked the Paris flight yourself? If so, I'd be tempted to do so and save the hassle of relying on them to make the change. Then you could just ask for the refund.

Abu Dhabi
5. Re: Vueling reschedule of flight - Nantes to Malaga

I'll give that one a go as well. I've sent three messages now, got the acknowledgement receipt, but no reply. Don't know what their turn-around is supposed to be, but you would think a couple of days would cover it. Looks like Mr Vueling has collected my $200 and I should save my stress levels and take a cheap Easyjet fare from Paris. Nothing cheap going from Nantes on the day. Grrrrr, I hate being ripped, I hate poor service.

Edinburgh, United...
reviews: 15
6. Re: Vueling reschedule of flight - Nantes to Malaga

Right or wrong, many companies take more than 2 days to respond to emails. Really, this is the sort of issue that is best solved by phone though I can understand why you'd be hesitant to call. I assume you've checked on their website and that there's no way to request a refund online under 'Manage your booking'?

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
reviews: 67
7. Re: Vueling reschedule of flight - Nantes to Malaga

I see 2 direct flights to Palma Mallorca on the 14th September from Nantes. One with Voletea for €50 and the other with Transavia (KLM budget arm) for €115.

Nantes is a good way from Paris. Even by direct TGV to CDG it's over three hours.

Abu Dhabi
8. Re: Vueling reschedule of flight - Nantes to Malaga

I will let everyone know if I hear back from Vueling. Palma Mallorca is an island off Spain. Thanks, looks lovely but our itinerary doesn't allow for deviations due to time constraints. We were driving from the Loire Valley to Nantes, just a different view. But we can just as easily drive back to Paris. I'll investigate the manage my booking option again, perhaps I've missed something. I can't access My Vueling. The password reset won't work for me and, funnily enough, Vueling haven't responded back to my enquiry. Maybe they have an issue with English speaking enquiries?

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
reviews: 67
9. Re: Vueling reschedule of flight - Nantes to Malaga

Woops for some reason I though you said Majorca not Malaga. Don't I feel like an idiot ;-)

Abu Dhabi
10. Re: Vueling reschedule of flight - Nantes to Malaga

Ha, ha, no problem. Gave me somewhere new to look up!