We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flight Centre Review

Perth, Australia
reviews: 37
Flight Centre Review

Sorry but since there is no area for a travel agency review I must post here.

Crap utter crap, seriously only use these guys to get a cheaper flight but do all the leg work yourself. Do not rely on them for anything else. I dealt with the manager..yes the manager, who was meant to complete a simple followup providimg quotes for hotel and tour its been 4 days, 3 of which I spent waiting for the email, now 3 emails later as she has forgot to attach the document - yep, pretty complicated stuff checking that the correct documents are attached to the email you are about to send, not once not twice but three times! Useless I wont even bother using them to price beat anymore. Flight centre get you s*** together and start employing not people dragged off the street who have spent a "summer in europe" but who is experienced in administration and customer service

190 replies to this topic
1. Re: Flight Centre Review

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 9:46 am, February 07, 2014

Nannup, Australia
reviews: 24
2. Re: Flight Centre Review

<<Flight Centre outlets are franchised>> In fact I think each individual consultant is a 'franchise'. The FC business model is unlike any other travel agency.

South Pole
reviews: 39
3. Re: Flight Centre Review

agree FC are predominantly crap.

the bottom feeders of the australian travel agent industry.

taken to task and punished for misleading claims a number of times by the accc.

currently being investigated (prosecuted?) for price fixing.

their modus operandi......let everyone else do the work ie. customers and other travel agents, bring in your quote in writing then we will offer a few dollars under.

pathetic!

Edited: 3:39 am, February 27, 2013
Perth, Australia
4. Re: Flight Centre Review

I would probably agree to the generalisation, but I have booked through about 5 different flight centres and dealt with a handful more, and the service has been consistently BAD. To me its a company culture that goes beyond individual agency's. As a human resource manager im not sure how they screen or interview their candidtes but something is going horribly wrong. Ive lost count at the amount of their staff who have been rude, incorrect, and down right inefficient. Im sure there are people who have had good dealings with them but I would say that most of them are inexperienced travellers, so may not know any better.

Perth, Australia
5. Re: Flight Centre Review

Agreed Lien, and it would appear thousands of others do to, I beleive they have a product review of 2/5 which I think is generous. They need to be held accoutnable for their poor business practices.

Perth, Australia
6. Re: Flight Centre Review

Sorry so many typos :)

Sydney, Australia
reviews: 30
7. Re: Flight Centre Review

"I would probably agree to the generalisation, but I have booked through about 5 different flight centres and dealt with a handful more, and the service has been consistently BAD"

If you've experienced this at that many Flight Centre locations, then fair enough call.

Nannup, Australia
reviews: 24
8. Re: Flight Centre Review

<<I have booked through about 5 different flight centres and dealt with a handful more, and the service has been consistently BAD">>

Which begs the question - why did you keep going back?

Perth, Australia
9. Re: Flight Centre Review

Unfortunately as a safety net basically, Im not fond of paying for my flights direct on the airline website...its the only reason, and we travel ALOT..but its just becoming too frustrating dealing with them. So will probably start purchasing direct.

australia
reviews: 17
10. Re: Flight Centre Review

I have seen ads lately where FC now have a Travel Agency School that I think you have to pay for!!

imagine what is being churned out

Reply to: Flight Centre Review
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted