We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can we make it?!

Can we make it?!

We are going to Europe in July woohoo!Flying Air France from LAX to CDG,then to WAW! Air France is giving us only 1 hour and 5 min between our flights!We can run thats no problem ,but we have our 3 year old with us so he will slow us down for sure:)!So can we make it ?Terminal 2F to 2E!

Milford, Ohio
reviews: 83
1. Re: Can we make it?!

It's possible - I've done it before. But, don't waste time by browsing or eating. You will have to pass through passport control so it will be tight. Good luck!

UK
reviews: 85
2. Re: Can we make it?!

This flyertalk.com/forum/air-france-frequence-plu… says probably not, of course even if possible in theory it depends on your first flight being on time. I am never happy with anything under a 2 hour transfer anywhere just to allow for contingencies.

Will AF change you to a later flight now without cost or is this really a moot question as you are locked into this connection come what may?

3. Re: Can we make it?!

Air France sold the ticket so I bolive they think we will make it!I don't even know there is a later flight to WAW!

4. Re: Can we make it?!

OMG sorry believe,not bolive lol!

well, we hove no option to change it!

I just hope LAX flight will be on time!

Last year i made it in 1h20 min with extra time but it was in Amsterdam !

Italy
Destination Expert
for Livigno, Lombardy
reviews: 127
5. Re: Can we make it?!

Should be ok but in any case if you've booked ot on a through ticket with Air France they will just put you on the next available flight.

kentucky
reviews: 38
6. Re: Can we make it?!

If you don't know when the next flight would be (if you misconnect) you need to find out now. It may be the next day or longer if flights are all full and you are a party of 3. You might want to drop some of the exclamation points--you don't need to get so excited about every line you type LOLOLOLOL (sarcasm)

Hope it all works out for you.

Edited: 1:46 pm, February 25, 2013
Fortaleza, CE
reviews: 348
7. Re: Can we make it?!

Interesting how many people book a non-refundable flight and then ask if the conneciton time is too small. Moot point. Sometimes people want to be reassured that all wil be fine. As advised, you can check in advance as to when the next flight would be should you miss yours, and you can ask the airline what their policy is should you miss the connection, as you booked the flight directly through them (assuming you did). The fact that AF sold you the ticket doesn't guarantee you'll make the connection, but it normally means that if you miss it they'll put you on the next flight with available seats (not necessarily the very next flight). Also plan ahead what you'll do should you make the connection but your bags don't (e.g., pack extra stuff in your carry-on bags).

Scotland
Destination Expert
for Scotland
reviews: 18
8. Re: Can we make it?!

I would contact the airline and get them to change the flights. If your flight is half an hour late you're stuffed. I wouldn't want to be stuck overnight with a toddler, nor would I want to make the flight but have to wait a day for my luggage to show up.

Fredericia, Denmark
Destination Expert
for Bentota, Beruwala, Sri Lanka
reviews: 7
9. Re: Can we make it?!

I would not book a connection via CDG with less than 2 hours between flights.

Bloomfield, New York
10. Re: Can we make it?!

When booking my flights, I always leave at least 1 hr 45 min between flights.

When using a travel agent for the first time, I realized that there was only 30 min between flights. When I called her and questioned it, she was a bit sarcastic and said that it was "a legal layover". I don't care how "legal" it is, that is not enough time in case there are delays!

My flight was delayed that day but, luckily, so was my connecting flight, so it all worked out.

I never want to be stressed by a short layover....