We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thomson Dreamliner

Huntingdon, United...
reviews: 1
Thomson Dreamliner

Although the Thomson Dreamliner Delayed topic has been closed I did find the majority of it's content useful and informative. So can we use this forum for posters to share their topic related thoughts, frustrations, news, etc.

Please do not stray 'off-topic' like the last one did - reader's of that post will know what I mean and the reasons behind it's closure.

So, any update on the Thomson Dreamliner fiasco anybody?

Thanks, Kevin

Chester, United...
reviews: 48
1. Re: Thomson Dreamliner

Hi

When I asked Thomson on their Facebook page why they did not have a a caveat on their website about the Dreamliner problems they replied to say

"We're currently in the process of putting in place contingency plans. If any flights are affected we'll be in contact with customers. ^Dan"

When challenged on this they replied to say

"I can appreciate your point and I'm sorry to hear you feel we're letting our customers down. However, until we've heard from Boeing regarding our delivery dates we're unable to confirm this on our website. As my colleague Dan's stated, any customers affected by any changes will be contacted as soon as possible. ^Christina"

Amazing!!!!!!!!

Huntingdon, United...
reviews: 1
2. Re: Thomson Dreamliner

Thanks FFM. I hope they have contingency plans firmly in place and communicated to me prior to me paying my outstanding balance.

The line "I can appreciate your point and I'm sorry to hear you feel we're letting our customers down" sounds like they don't see or acknowledge their incredibly poor judgement of the situation and their customers!

West Midlands
reviews: 16
3. Re: Thomson Dreamliner

FFM.

So Thomson's are either EXTREMELY incompetent by not having a contingency plan in place already, or they are lying and do really have a plan in place already but refuse to share it with their PAYING customers.

Amazing indeed!

Kevin.

Too late for me, balance paid weeks ago.

And, like i've said before, if all goes well and the plane they provide is fit for purpose and not a shed then I will take the £20 per head compo and get on with it. However, if I don't get to choose my seat then I want my £60 back as well.

Fredericia, Denmark
Destination Expert
for Bentota, Beruwala, Sri Lanka
reviews: 7
4. Re: Thomson Dreamliner

Not even Boeing know when the 787 will be flying again.

West Midlands
reviews: 16
5. Re: Thomson Dreamliner

Exactly Hans.

So Thomson need to stop sitting on their hands and show their customers some respect.

They are being very silly with all this.

I booked Thomson over Thomas Cook (cheaper) not just to fly the Dreamliner, though this was a major thing for me, but because I expected better customer care.

How wrong I was.

I now know it doesn't make any difference, next time I'll book Thomas Cook.

Many others will feel the same.

Hampshire England
reviews: 30
6. Re: Thomson Dreamliner

Is it part of the contract, that one has booked a holiday (and paid extra) to have flights on the dreamliner?

I was just musing that people would have the right to cancel and get a full refund if the airplane is substituted?

Fredericia, Denmark
Destination Expert
for Bentota, Beruwala, Sri Lanka
reviews: 7
7. Re: Thomson Dreamliner

ANY airline reserve the right to substitute a plane for operational reasons - so no refund.

Hampshire England
reviews: 30
8. Re: Thomson Dreamliner

I can see that, if it's a tech isue or other last minute Extraordinary circumstance, - but for a holiday sold on the basis of a certain type of aircraft being provided, and the aircraft not actually being in service across the entire fleet?

Hmmm...

Chester, United...
reviews: 48
9. Re: Thomson Dreamliner

Mark

Their T&C cover this off and as Hans says they can switch the type of plane

As I have said many times I think Thomson and simply burying their head in the sand. If you were an alien that had just landed on this planet and you checked out the Thomson website and their advertising you would have no idea whatsoever that the Dreamliner has been grounded for a number of weeks and people have no idea when it will be signed off again as safe to fly - how can that be right???

See link below to the original thread which Kevin mentioned in Post #1

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g1-i10702-k60200…

Llandudno North...
reviews: 17
10. Re: Thomson Dreamliner

Thomson aren't making the calls here. They have not had official word from Boeing their deliveries will not be made on time. Until that point it would be foolish if Thomson to make any official statement or decision.

When they are tons officially there will be a delay they cam initiate their contingency plans that they will have in place.

:-)