We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best economy seats Emirates

Chorley, United...
reviews: 2
Best economy seats Emirates

I've got the following flights booked:

Manchester - Dubai (EK020)

Dubai - Bangkok (EK374)

Bangkok - Dubai (EK373)

Dubai - Manchester (EK021)

All of these flights are on Boeing 777-300(ER) aircraft with slight variations in configuration throughout.

I've had a look on seat guru and have chosen seats 47A and 47B throughout. I believe row 46 does have extra leg room but a negative is that the seat divider is fixed and is unmoveable (which is definitely not an option as I had to move this out of the way on the last long haul flight I was on because it was too restricting!)

My husband has raised his concerns that the seats might be too near the toilets though. Has anyone had previous experience of seating in row 47 on the 777-300er aircraft and whether this is actually a problem, i.e. with smell, queues, general disturbance etc? As there are only the 2 of us I'd prefer a row of 2, but I don't want it to be a negative experience!

Your thoughts are welcome,

Gemma

UK, Mauritius
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Belle Mare, Pointe Aux Piments, Pereybere
reviews: 40
1. Re: Best economy seats Emirates

Hi Gemma,

When travelling Y we always book 47A/B and never once had a problem with queues for the restroom.

These seats are popular and get booked up pretty quickly.

England, United...
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
reviews: 115
2. Re: Best economy seats Emirates

...but even if you dont get these seats, the seats are better on the 777 than the 380 which are so uncomfatable and hard, but at the end of the day are any economy seats 'best?'

UK, Mauritius
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Belle Mare, Pointe Aux Piments, Pereybere
reviews: 40
3. Re: Best economy seats Emirates

Agree totally Scotlandscout.

If travelling economy I much prefer the 777 to the A380, but I much rather prefer J seats on both these aircraft :)

England, United...
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
reviews: 115
4. Re: Best economy seats Emirates

Ah, but of course bronia J is better but we would all like F!!

5. Re: Best economy seats Emirates

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, February 23, 2014