We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

BA Seat Map Blank

UK
reviews: 28
BA Seat Map Blank

I have 4 flights booked in the Summer on one booking with BA. I was looking at seat availability on my return flight BA 2166 and the map is blank. All the other flights are fine. I am a bronze card holder so can book for free 7 days in advance. We are flying club World.

My questions are why is the seat map blank on that flight and do you think paying to book seats will be necessary on this busy Summer flight?

We are 4 adults.

Thanks

Llandudno North...
reviews: 17
1. Re: BA Seat Map Blank

It could just be a system glitch, or it could be they arent sure which aircraft will be on that route yet.

If you cant see the map, nor can anyone else though so I wouldnt worry too much. Give it a week or so and look again.

When I looked up your flight number it is showing a 777 to do that flight

Llandudno North...
reviews: 17
2. Re: BA Seat Map Blank

This is the seat plan for your flight number on a random date in July, so not actually sure why its not coming up when you look. Maybe give BA a call.

https:/…

:-)

Edited: 6:55 am, February 20, 2013
UK
reviews: 28
3. Re: BA Seat Map Blank

Thanks yes will call them. It's fine outward it's just inbound.

Reading, United...
reviews: 5
4. Re: BA Seat Map Blank

Reserved 2 seats for Lanzerote on row 25 which appears on-line to be last row in FRONT of wing. Paid £20 for pre flight reservations. Not a frequent flyer but then looked at a full plan of the A319 on the web and that plane ends at row 22. Yet i have reserved 2 seats on row 25. No help from BA customer service who said "its onlty a guideline". but you will be placed at rear of plane. I advised that the diagram shows all free seats before the wing and therefore had no intention of sitting at rear. Cancelled booking but have no faith in BA pre seat booking any longer. Anyone else suffered from their misleading system.

Edinburgh, United...
reviews: 15
5. Re: BA Seat Map Blank

Not that it matters now that you've cancelled your booking but if you paid for seat selection you can change your seats as much as you want. I've never found their system to be misleading.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
reviews: 53
6. Re: BA Seat Map Blank

The BA seatmaps on Manage My Booking sometimes show up odd depending upon the browser you use. I believe that in Euro Traveller the front half of the cabin is not available for assignment until online check-in because if more Club Europe seats are sold then they just make that cabin bigger.

7. Re: BA Seat Map Blank

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:15 am, April 06, 2014