We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Port of Entry to a Country Must Be Port of Exit?

Dumaguete City...
Port of Entry to a Country Must Be Port of Exit?

I am having a problem planning our family vacation and hope somebody can share some information. By the way, I'm from the Philippines.

Considering that all documentation such as visas and passport are being complied with, is it possible to travel from the Philippines to London and spend some time there. After which, exit from London to California and then back to the Philippines.

Is that possible that your port of entry is not your port of exit?

Thanks for spending time with me.

Chito

Fredericia, Denmark
Destination Expert
for Bentota, Beruwala, Sri Lanka
reviews: 7
1. Re: Port of Entry to a Country Must Be Port of Exit?

You should post your question in e.g. Air Travel forum.

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowForum-g1-i10702-Air_Tr…

Support Forum is for asking general questions on how to use TripAdvisor website, how to find things on it and how to use its many features.

Massachusetts
TripAdvisor Staff  What's this?
2. Re: Port of Entry to a Country Must Be Port of Exit?

Hi Chi2_L,

I noticed that you inadvertently posted your question in the TripAdvisor Support forum, so I have moved the topic on your behalf to the Air Travel forum. I hope you find the information you need to plan your upcoming travels.

Kind regards,

TA_Jane

TripAdvisor Support Team

Malaysia
reviews: 4
3. Re: Port of Entry to a Country Must Be Port of Exit?

Should be no problem if you comply with all the conditions for entry to both UK and USA.

Detroit, MI
Destination Expert
for Detroit, Travel Gadgets and Gear
4. Re: Port of Entry to a Country Must Be Port of Exit?

Not exactly sure of your question. I cannot see why The Philippines, US or UK would care if you traveled:

Philippines > UK > USA > Philippines

vs.

Philippines > UK > Philippines > USA > Philippines.

Both the US and UK will have rules on how long you can stay, what type of Visa you may need based on the purpose of your trip, etc. You can find US tourism rules at the US department of state webpage. travel.state.gov

Edited: 8:57 am, February 20, 2013
Leicester, United...
reviews: 1
5. Re: Port of Entry to a Country Must Be Port of Exit?

What you seem to be asking is "Will the Philippino authorities care if I leave the country heading to the UK but arrive back on a flight from the US?"

The answer is no.

6. Re: Port of Entry to a Country Must Be Port of Exit?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:15 am, February 22, 2014