We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Purple Parking Heathrow

England
reviews: 4
Purple Parking Heathrow

It seemed too good to be true: Heathrow parking for quite a bit less than the competition. And so it turned out - too good to be true. Parking lot was so far from Heathrow that it took 20 minutes for their transfer bus to get us there. On the way back we had to call their automated 0845 number (expensive from a mobile: 020 would have been free) just to hear a message saying they were en route to pick us up. They left us waiting at the bus stop for 30 minutes at 3 degrees C. We won't be using them again.

27 replies to this topic
Walsall
reviews: 1
1. Re: Purple Parking Heathrow

Why are Tripadvisor removing customers genuine complaints regarding their awefull experiences with Purple Parking?

Norfolk England
reviews: 78
2. Re: Purple Parking Heathrow

Hi

Thats not a bad report. Thats just showing that they didnt do reaserch. I've used the long term off site parking and new how far away it was before I went and allowed time for it. Its all on the internet if you look.

Clive

norfolk
reviews: 30
3. Re: Purple Parking Heathrow

we use it often. waiting time has been from zero to forty minutes for pick up. however - the longest wait was due to an accident and we were forewarned. their website tells you how much time to allow to get from the car park to the airport. works for me.

SE England
reviews: 2
4. Re: Purple Parking Heathrow

We left our car at Heathrow for 12 day USA holiday and were told no need to telephone PP on return as they always checked the incoming flight times. We arrived back (23/8/2013) after a long tiring overnight flight to find no car. The PP attendant rang and told us it was on its way. 30 minutes later no car - so the initial message was clearly untrue. The attendant rang again - the car was then delivered 20-30 minutes later - well over an hour after our plane had landed. Purple Parking have failed to respond to both my requests for an explanation for this poor service. This is a shoddy service.

norfolk
reviews: 30
5. Re: Purple Parking Heathrow

madmax - you say 'over an hour after our plane had landed'. coming in from the us, it has usually taken an hour to clear immigration, customs and the baggage hall for me. this is not shoddy service - it is normal service, considering they are saving you the phone call.

most firms who tell you to call them, insist you do this only AFTER clearing everything and getting your bags. the cars are not parked on-airport.....

London, United...
reviews: 154
6. Re: Purple Parking Heathrow

Purple Parking at Heathrow badly damaged the inside of our vehicle whilst we were away on holiday this summer but when we discovered the damage on our return, PP denied responsibility and told us that the damage was there when we parked the car. This was not the case. It felt particularly horrible to be branded as liars. It was fairly easy to see how the damage had happened: the key had been forcibly wrenched from the starter lock, bending the key badly. Then, as the driver managed to free the key, his arm must have shot upwards and struck the right hand wiper stem and broken it. We had to have a whole new unit fitted into the steering wheel. We had stayed at Premier Inn Bath Road and chosen Purple Parking because they recommend it. Whilst the damage to our car is in no way the direct responsibility of Premier Inn, they should look at their recommendation of a parking firm that treats its customers, and their vehicles, in this irresponsible and dishonest manner. We are looking into ways to pursue PP for the cost of repairs and we recommend that you avoid this company at all costs!

Norfolk England
reviews: 78
7. Re: Purple Parking Heathrow

Hi

We used them this year for our holidays, left the car for 3 weeks at the business park. After reading on here the recent horror stories, theft, damage, was concerned. But everything was fine, didn't leave anything in the car on purpose and no damage. It must just be bad luck for some people. They must park thousands of cars successfully or they would go out of business.

Clive

Birmingham, United...
reviews: 19
8. Re: Purple Parking Heathrow

I too have had a bad experience with purple parking and would not use them again. I booked valet parking and when I arrived after an all night long haul flight my car was not waiting for me. When it arrived, it was damaged. The staff member (who was very miserable) agreed it was damaged and took photos of the damage and completed an incident form.

The long and short of it is that Purple Parking will not pay for the damage even though their own staff member acknowledged it. Not good enough

SE England
reviews: 2
9. Re: Purple Parking Heathrow

20 minutes is not an unusual length of time to clear customs and collect baggage - Purple Parking only had to deliver the car - the driver could then return to base whilst the car waited for us. Not a difficult chore - but ended up being the other way round - us waiting for the car (and we were not the only ones). The insult was added to injury when they assured us the car was actually on its way when, in retrospect, it clearly was not. The driver who eventually arrived confirmed that he had only been asked to deliver the car after our second call (which was made 25 mins after the first). Finally as I said, Purple Parking have failed to respond to my complaint - which rather speaks for itself. They clearly know they provide a shoddy service and have no defence let alone any sort of apology

Ipswich, United...
reviews: 3
10. Re: Purple Parking Heathrow

very good you get what you pay for only negative we sat on the bus for 15 mins waiting to go to t5

Reply to: Purple Parking Heathrow
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted