We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

alitalia

Florida
8 posts
1 review
alitalia

Anyone fly miami to rome in alitalia economy plus? Thinking of taking advantage of the special they have. How does it compare to other major carriers. Kevin

Elgin, Illinois
Level Contributor
1 post
20 reviews
1. Re: alitalia

I hope it's not too late, but assume it will be the worst experience flying that you've ever had, and you should be fine. Assume that they will be rude, will probably run out of things like toilet paper, wine, pop, etc, the bathrooms will be incredibly dirty, the headphone jacks won't work, checking in at Rome will be the most disorganized mess you've ever seen. There's more but I hope I've made my point.

I fly almost weekly for work, and I've never flown on a worse airline.

London, United...
Level Contributor
20,551 posts
23 reviews
2. Re: alitalia

I agree, I fly weekly for work too, and I avoid Alitalia where ever humanly possible, and it's not always possible, sadly enough, but I try.

Worst airline ever. As you can see, you can't pay me to fly them.

Would I pay to fly them, not in this life time. Low cost carriers feel like full service luxury in comparison to them. If you have any other option, take it and run as fast as you can from them. It's cheap for a reason, it's terrible.

Bucharest
Destination Expert
for Seychelles
Level Contributor
4,146 posts
112 reviews
3. Re: alitalia

Another vote against Alitalia. I try to avoid them as much as I can. Last time I flew with them I lost the connecting flight to Madrid because the first flight from Bucharest to Rome had a delay of 3 hours. We were sent to a -1 star hotel called Airport Palace where the heating was not functioning, the ceiling was in bad shape and was falling on me and the food was uneatable.

Boston...
Level Contributor
2,454 posts
10 reviews
4. Re: alitalia

Another vote agains Alitalia to Rome: worst in my life. Crew were unbelieveably rude to all passengers but they had a great time themselves in the service area screaming and laughing throughout the overnite flight. The seats were torn & disgusting,

The bathrooms filthy (not just from this flight) and couldn't even look at the food. Never again.

Italy
Destination Expert
for Livigno, Lombardy
Level Contributor
39,428 posts
161 reviews
5. Re: alitalia

I thought Alitalia had gotten better since the takeover but seems I'm wrong.

Italy
Destination Expert
for Livigno, Lombardy
Level Contributor
39,428 posts
161 reviews
6. Re: alitalia

Also check out the airlinequality website for the recent reviews

www.airlinequality.com

Jacksonville...
Level Contributor
1,494 posts
199 reviews
7. Re: alitalia

Unfortunate, because I have to use them for 2 legs on an upcoming trip. I can't seem to find any other major carrier that goes from FCO to CTA.

Milan, Italy
Destination Expert
for Ho Chi Minh City
Level Contributor
4,590 posts
13 reviews
8. Re: alitalia

Chrella, i'm sure they are not so bad....last time I used Alitalia the plane had lot's of empty seats so you get some advantage with bad airlines.

The good/cheap ones are always totally full...

Rome, Italy
Level Contributor
5 posts
3 reviews
9. Re: alitalia

I completely agree, Alitalia worst airline I've flown. Rude and unreliable! Lost our baggage and they're careless attitude is very strange. Never again!

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
313 posts
63 reviews
10. Re: alitalia

Uh -oh !

We were going to fly AZ in September Warsaw-Rome -Catania because that is the easiest/fastest connection.

Are they really that bad because I'm not ticketed as yet? - Don't know if there are any other options to get to Catania from Warsaw that quickly though are there?