We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

help .. no solutions from singapore airlines

Amsterdam, The...
reviews: 1
help .. no solutions from singapore airlines

I have a 8 years kid and i just have agood news from imigration that i can bring him to stay with me in holland .

I was bought 2 promo ticket singapore airlines 1092 euro and direct send the email to singapore airlines that the tiket from my kid i will use for one way because if i book the one way ticket for my son the sistem in singapore airlines cant repond but now is the problem

but the singapore airlines said that i CANT use it for one way because thats promo ticket

I am so sad because i have to loose 419 euro and just get refund money only 55 euro and have to book again one way ticket for my son

HELP if anyone can help me .. just give me solutions ... of maybe have anyone hav the same experience

Edited: 5:21 pm, February 19, 2013
Illinois
reviews: 16
1. Re: help .. no solutions from singapore airlines

I don't quite understand what happened, but maybe someone else will.

uk
reviews: 73
2. Re: help .. no solutions from singapore airlines

As I understand it the OP has bought to return tickets AMS to SIN, he will fly alone from AMS to pick up his son and then both will fly back to AMS.

Therefore his son will only use the return portion of his ticket.

As you have found out OP this is not permitted and when your son fails to check in for the outward his ticket will be cancelled.

I don't have any helpful suggestions unfortunatley. I think you will just have to put it down to experience.

Illinois
reviews: 16
3. Re: help .. no solutions from singapore airlines

Ah. That makes sense. I don't know of any solution to that problem. I'm happy for you that your son can come to stay with you though.

Shoalhaven...
reviews: 159
4. Re: help .. no solutions from singapore airlines

I think OP title is misleading as SQ did give you the solution.

Buy a new one way ticket Sin-Ams.

Guangzhou, China
5. Re: help .. no solutions from singapore airlines

Call up SIA again to ask

for refund of the original ticket intend for the kid on compassion reason. If it is a two-to-go promo tickets, you may run the risk of denied boarding if only you are departing on the day.

Tell them that you will buy a separate ticket for the kid, and ask to remark on the kid's new ticket that he is traveling with you. He may be denied boarding if found to be a minor traveling alone.

Then, go to SIA's website and choose Singapore as website country. Search for the lowest SIN-AMS round-trip ticket. One way ticket is too expensive and simply not worth it. You will get a better deal than purchasing from its UK website.

On most situations the SIA people are very passionate towards passengers. Write to its customer services department. You don't need to write to the UK office if you find them not helpful.

I found that writing to the SIA office of other countries even if you are not traveling to that country often give exceptionally good and generous results. If all else fails, google the name of its area head and pledge directly.

Amsterdam, The...
6. Re: help .. no solutions from singapore airlines

Yes we are now still fighting en argu and try to contact SIA in singapore so we hope we have any solution ...

Llandudno North...
reviews: 17
7. Re: help .. no solutions from singapore airlines

You certainly shouldn't be fighting and arguing. They were entirely correct in the information they gave you.

What you need to be doing is calmly and coolly trying to get some sympathy from someone who may be able to alter or wave some charges or get you a new reduced fare ticket.

Arguing and fighting is not going to help you at all.

Good luck

:-)

Edited: 12:24 pm, February 21, 2013
Italy
Destination Expert
for Livigno, Lombardy
reviews: 159
8. Re: help .. no solutions from singapore airlines

Unfortunately if you had gotten info before you booked you would have known that this isn't possible SIA are correct when they say you'll need to buy another one way ticket but anyway let us know how you get on with SIA in Singapore.

Amsterdam, The...
9. Re: help .. no solutions from singapore airlines

I need is my right if a return ticket that I bought can not be used in one direction means they have to refund my money because it is still two months away, and they have a chance to sell the seat.

I'm here just want a good solution for the two sides and I do not mind to add to the cost but the singapore airlines will only refund the price of the ticket tax alone.

Edited: 4:26 pm, February 21, 2013
Amsterdam, The...
10. Re: help .. no solutions from singapore airlines

fought and argued mean here is many seeking information and solutions on this issue ... I hope there is a solution for us especially for my son

Edited: 4:29 pm, February 21, 2013