We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Easyjet mistake or mine??

Worthing, United...
reviews: 11
Easyjet mistake or mine??

Hi

The other day I was getting ready to go to the airport and thought I would check my boarding pass to see how much time I had left to get there. On examining the aforementioned boarding pass which I had printed three days before I saw that the flight had left seven hours earlier.

Easyjet have given me back my taxes and the replacement flight wasn't too expensive, but I will never fly with them again if they can't fly at a time which I expected them to.

Jackie

Llandudno North...
reviews: 17
1. Re: Easyjet mistake or mine??

Whenever I have flown and the departure time has changed I have always been e mailed in advanced to alert me to the fact by the airline.

I'm sure one was in fact an easyJet flight and I think they text me the details as well as the e mail.

I am surprised if they didn't do this with a short notice departure time change.

:-)

Edited: 11:18 am, February 19, 2013
Worthing, United...
2. Re: Easyjet mistake or mine??

There was no change, I had booked the earlier flight ;-((

It just made me realise how easy it is to make a mistake, I'm top of the list when it comes to dishing out advice about checking and rechecking, but this time I didn't check anything.

But I thought I would give blaming the airline a go.

Jackie

Llandudno North...
reviews: 17
3. Re: Easyjet mistake or mine??

Ha ha, oops is all I can say then!

What made you think you were on the later flight then?

:-)

Fredericia, Denmark
Destination Expert
for Bentota, Beruwala, Sri Lanka
reviews: 7
4. Re: Easyjet mistake or mine??

but I will never fly with them again if they can't fly at a time which I expected them to

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Then buy your own private jet;-)

Worthing, United...
5. Re: Easyjet mistake or mine??

All contributions towards my private jet gratefully accepted. Sadly as I can barely afford to put petrol in quite possibly the smallest car ever (Fiat 500 bright red) I wont be able to get the thing off the ground unless the contributions are massive. So come on dig deep!!

I always get the evening flight, but for some reason I have booked morning flights for my next two trips to Prague, they were probably cheaper. But not in the long run when you have to buy a ticket approximately two hours before the flight which you thought you were on, is about to leave. Saying that it was just under £100 which wasn't too bad.

Jackie

London.UK
reviews: 1
6. Re: Easyjet mistake or mine??

Mischievous post Jackie ;-)

uk
reviews: 167
7. Re: Easyjet mistake or mine??

But at least it doesn't contain beware/avoid/never :)

Ayr, Scotland
reviews: 6
8. Re: Easyjet mistake or mine??

Love the ironic tone Jackie ;-)

Melbourne
reviews: 1
9. Re: Easyjet mistake or mine??

I worked with someone who thought she had booked Melbourne to Adelaide, time passed, and then the day before she was due to fly out she checked her booking...and found she had booked Adelaide to Melbourne.

Not the first time she's done something like this, so she was able to laugh at herself.

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Brisbane
reviews: 32
10. Re: Easyjet mistake or mine??

Did you see if your supervisor could do anything?