We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ryanair

Ashbourne, Derbys
reviews: 5
Ryanair

Hi,

Next week I am booking a flight with Ryanair to Benidorm for me and 9 friends but I was wondering what the hand luggage allowance is with them? I know it's certain dimensions. We're only going for 4 days so don't want to pay £30 for 15kg if hand luggage is 10kg.

Thanks in advance

UK
reviews: 85
1. Re: Ryanair

Is it not mentioned on their website? I'd have thought it was and surely it's better to get it from there, and then check back here if uncertain?

UK
reviews: 85
2. Re: Ryanair

BTW if you are actually buying for others then I suggest you start by getting hold of all their passports first (or at least, a copy of the page with their details in, then shred them afterwards) so you can make sure you are booking using the names that appear in their passports, which with 9 people, it's a near certainty at least one either wont be the name you call them by or have the spelling you expect.

(Actually best advice would be just to tell them the flight details and get them to book themselves frankly you are heading into a world of hassle and pain doing this :-)

united kingdom
3. Re: Ryanair

It is 10kg with the following rule.

8.7.1 You may carry strictly one item of cabin baggage per passenger subject to certain weight and dimensions restrictions. If you have a handbag, briefcase, laptop, airport shop purchases, camera etc. these must be carried in your single permitted item of cabin baggage

So everything must be in the hand luggage.

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
reviews: 72
4. Re: Ryanair

I can't imagine that 10 ladies would be able to manage with just 10KG hand luggage for a weekend. You sound like you have never run the Ryanair luggage gauntlet before or how strict they are with dimensions and weight.

My advice would be to take at least one or two hold bags between you. Not everyone needs to take a bag, you can take one or anything up to ten checked bags of 15 or 20Kg as long as you pay for them.

That way you can put all of your potions and lotions that you cannot take through security (I presume you know about those rules). You can book the flights then add checked bags later.

Please, please, please don't go into a Ryanair flight blind especially for this amount of people. Ryanair are ok as long as you follow their rules especially re online check in, baggage and breathing during the flight.

And take Joe's very sensible advice re getting peoples exact names correct.

Leicester, United...
reviews: 1
5. Re: Ryanair

I would definitely look at alternatives to Ryanair. Easyjet and several other fly to Alicante. Don't assume that Ryanair will be the cheapest. And even if it is a little cheaper, there are other considerations, Easyjet gives you unlimited hand luggage weight, which is useful if you want to avoid checking bags.

Edited: 9:15 am, February 17, 2013
London, United...
reviews: 47
6. Re: Ryanair

If you go with Ryanair, don't forget to print all the boarding cards for both directions before you go. And, as Ronaldo suggested, make sure you read up on all the T&C ... thoroughly.

Though I'd also recommend EasyJet or BA. Both have a 'holiday' part, where you get good deals on flight/hotel. The BA one includes food, drink, luggage and seat reservation, and sometimes Club Europe.

If you go easyJet, and want to sit together and get your maximum size hand luggage into nearby lockers, you might be best reserving £8 seats, which include speedy boarding.

Italy
Destination Expert
for Livigno, Lombardy
reviews: 127
7. Re: Ryanair

Sometimes Ryanair seems cheap but when you add up all the extras it's sometimes isn't, anyway on the occasions when I have flown with them I take a vey light large zipped bag because if you take a trolley by the time you've put a couple of things in it it's overweight, Ryanair are very strict about this so be careful.

Ashbourne, Derbys
reviews: 5
8. Re: Ryanair

Thank you for your replies. The only airline coming up on my searches of local airports is Ryanair but I think we will all pay for the extra luggage just to be on the safe side. I have requested everyone's passports too.

Leicester, United...
reviews: 1
9. Re: Ryanair

www.whichbudget.com will show you all the options from various airports.

Jet2. Thomas Cook Monarch and Thomson all fly from East Midlands to Alicante for example.

10. Re: Ryanair

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, February 19, 2014