We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Air Asia Insurance

Perth, Australia
Air Asia Insurance

Has anyone else bought Air Asia insurance by mistake? I noticed some comments from 2010. It appears it's still happening now in 2013.

I haven't been able to open the link to find out what I have bought.

sydney
reviews: 76
1. Re: Air Asia Insurance

you have to remember to 'unclick' this box ...

australia
Destination Expert
for New South Wales, Noosa
reviews: 5
2. Re: Air Asia Insurance

I have brought it once intentionally, when I was thinking any delay might mean a misssed connection, and once unintenntionally when I forgot to untick the box. On one way flights its such a small amount as all it covers is limited flight cancellations. But on a return trip, especially one of more thsn a few days duration I am surprised most wouldn't notice the higher than expected total price. Don't we all double check dates and how much we are paying before hitting the pay now button.

so what it covers depends what you booked, one way or return. Most LCC insurance cover basics that regular insurers cover, maybe with some lower limits.

australia
Destination Expert
for New South Wales, Noosa
reviews: 5
3. Re: Air Asia Insurance

btw, unticking or saying no, sometimes twice is not limited to Air Asia. Jetstar has numerous attempts to sell you baggage, insurance and seat selection, plus carbon offset payment and a charity donation during the booking selection Scoot too.

Edited: 1:01 pm, February 17, 2013
4. Re: Air Asia Insurance

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, February 19, 2014