We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Qantas Customer Service

london
Level Contributor
7,817 posts
32 reviews
Qantas Customer Service

I have just booked a flight to Hong Kong on Emirates. The return leg from Dubai to LHR is on a code share flight operated by Qantas.

I have had to contact customer services on both Emirates and Qantas with regard to disability assistance. I received a reply from Emirates within 2 hours but two days on, and I am still awaiting anything, other than an automated response from Australia's finest.

It is little surprise that the list of top airlines is dominated by middle east and far east carriers. They seem to understand the concept of customer service

Edited: 3:59 am, February 16, 2013
Gerogery West...
Destination Expert
for Moab
Level Contributor
3,119 posts
59 reviews
1. Re: Qantas Customer Service

It's not Australia's finest.

Edited: 4:59 am, February 16, 2013
Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Brisbane
Level Contributor
6,910 posts
57 reviews
2. Re: Qantas Customer Service

As Qantas won't be starting the Dubai service until April, is there a need for them to reply right now?

london
Level Contributor
7,817 posts
32 reviews
3. Re: Qantas Customer Service

Thank you for correcting my error.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
3,781 posts
7 reviews
4. Re: Qantas Customer Service

>> As Qantas won't be starting the Dubai service until April, is there a need for them to reply right now? <<

Just from the point of view of politeness, I'd say 'yes'. How rude to not respond promptly, just because the flights are a while away. I flew with Etihad during the last quarter of last year, emailed them a few times and they always responded very promptly - on one occasion, they responded by ringing me at work (within a minute or so of sending my email).

london
Level Contributor
7,817 posts
32 reviews
5. Re: Qantas Customer Service

They may not be starting the service until April, but Emirates are able to respond and answer the question in less than 2 hours. Two days on and I am still awaiting a meaningful reply from Qantas to a similar question

My point is that the old world airlines, in general, seem to have a far poorer attitude to customer service than the Middle and Far Eastern ones and that is one reason why people seem to choose to spend their money with them. if given the choice

Thank you MarmaladeT - that is precisely what I mean

Edited: 6:12 am, February 16, 2013
Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Brisbane
Level Contributor
6,910 posts
57 reviews
6. Re: Qantas Customer Service

But he did receive the standard response that is computer generated. One airlines response time is not the same as anothers. Have they been rude? Have they stuffed you around and changed things? Or have they just simply taken longer than expected to get in touch with you?

Had you not heard from either would that make it alright to wait a couple of days?

Edited: 6:25 am, February 16, 2013
Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
9,127 posts
1,507 reviews
7. Re: Qantas Customer Service

'Customer Service' at QANTAS is an oxymoron.

I am among those who never use this airline.

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Brisbane
Level Contributor
6,910 posts
57 reviews
8. Re: Qantas Customer Service

Well at least Qantas aircraft doors stay closed.

london
Level Contributor
7,817 posts
32 reviews
9. Re: Qantas Customer Service

Do you happen to work for Qantas Able ?

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
1,394 posts
22 reviews
10. Re: Qantas Customer Service

I fly emirates and am hoping i never get a codeshare qantas although as i live in singapore but am from melbourne im sure its going to happen. Wont be happy about that at all

Edited: 1:25 pm, February 16, 2013