We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Air Canada - Only preferred seats remaining

Oakville, Canada
Air Canada - Only preferred seats remaining

Hi,

Does anyone know what happens if you book a flight on Air Canada (flex fare), and there are only preferred seats remaining for selection?

If I don't preselect my seat, will they still charge me for the preferred seat if that's still all that is available when I check in at the airport? Or will they just let me have the preferred seat since that is all that is left with no charge. I don't really want to pay for a preferred seat.

Tried calling Air Canada but after so long on hold, I gave up.

Thanks

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
reviews: 14
1. Re: Air Canada - Only preferred seats remaining

I flew twice with AC last year. The unsold Preferred seats were available for booking (at no cost) when online check in opened.

Not sure if that's standard procedure with AC but it's been my experience.

Leicester, United...
reviews: 1
2. Re: Air Canada - Only preferred seats remaining

Yes that's how it works. But if the flight is really that full there is a real possibility that only middle seats will be left at check in.

And check in online, not at the airport. If you wait until then you can be sure only the dregs will be left.

Edited: 2:31 am, February 16, 2013
3. Re: Air Canada - Only preferred seats remaining

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:15 am, February 18, 2014