We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rules/Restrictions on stopover on Europe trip?

Seattle, Washington
reviews: 1
Rules/Restrictions on stopover on Europe trip?

Hello, We are planning a SEA - GOT trip in June. We have gone this route on KLM/Delta several times in the past, and have often done a stopover in AMS, and driven around Europe from there. This time we'd like to also fly to MUC, and then drive around & continue home.

So it looks like a separate round trip tickets (SEA-GOT-SEA) with stopover in AMS, and then a round trip AMS-MUC-AMS) is significantly cheaper than a multicity ticket.

My question - is there any reason this won't work? I assume that we'd have to pick up our bags and recheck in at the ticket counter at the stopover (before the flight to MUC), (and the same on the return from MUC before checking in for the AMS-SEA leg) but is there any restriction on doing this?

Thanks much! Dick

Cotswolds
1. Re: Rules/Restrictions on stopover on Europe trip?

There's no restriction - other that you are on your own if a flight is delayed or retimed and you miss the connection. You'd have to buy a new ticket for the remainder of the trip

New Delhi, India
reviews: 23
2. Re: Rules/Restrictions on stopover on Europe trip?

If your itinerary is significantly cheaper than multicity (SEA-MUC; GOT-SEA), go for it with adequate time in AMS to account for all the formalities of immigration, bag collection, check-in, security, etc and some time for potential delays. I would also buy an insurance to cover AMS-MUC-AMS in case of incoming flight delay.

Seattle, Washington
reviews: 1
3. Re: Rules/Restrictions on stopover on Europe trip?

Thanks much for your replys! I'm going to seriously look at this option & see if I can get it to all fit together. Thanks! Dick

4. Re: Rules/Restrictions on stopover on Europe trip?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, February 18, 2014