We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

British Airways WT +reviews

Melbourne, Australia
reviews: 28
British Airways WT +reviews

I have just read a scathing review on Skytrax re BA WT + (on Sydney to LHR route.) Was thinking of booking this for a trip to UK in September. Just wondering if anyone here has flown WT + with BA recently and , if so , was it terrible? Really interested to hear of your experiences and would you choose them again if flying PE. Thanks

41 replies to this topic
New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
reviews: 53
1. Re: British Airways WT +reviews

The plural of anecdote is not data. I'm sure you could find a scathing review of anything, doesn't mean you'll necessarily find it terrible.

Melbourne, Australia
2. Re: British Airways WT +reviews

So why do we bother to ask opinions , or read reviews of anything on TA? I am really just interested to know what others think of the product.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
reviews: 53
3. Re: British Airways WT +reviews

That's fine but you made it sound like you read one bad review and decided it was up to other respondents to provide info to the contrary.

If you knew that why even bother bringing up the dodgy review?

London, United...
reviews: 22
4. Re: British Airways WT +reviews

The point, I think, is that people are more likely to post bad reviews than good. It's simply human nature, particularly with airlines. People tend not to review when it's all good, but tend to review if they are not happy.

People do come on here and review, but although some comments are very valid, many are simply nuts due to unrealistic expectations. For example we recently had someone who would never fly a particular airline again because he did not get his bread roll or salt and pepper on time in first. Another guy because the cabin crew did not give his kids toys, another because he did not get free beer in the immigration line at the airport. The " do not fly" list is endless, and on a daily basis some loony posts somethig crazy. Normally, after articulating the one crazy point that is bugging them, they tend to try to pad out the complaint with subjective complaints ie ,rude staff, dirty toilets and slow service comments, to make it appear they are less of a lunatic than they very obviously are.

Maybe if you post a link the review you are referring to, people can tell you if it's valid.

BA is one of the better carriers in my opinion, whether wt plus is worth it, is subjective in terms of the financials and based on personal circumstance.

Nannup, Australia
reviews: 25
5. Re: British Airways WT +reviews

You cite the 'scathing' review, but did you read any of the other recent reviews of WT+, which range right across the board. Opinions in TA will be equally varied. I find that any such reviews should be taken with a huge grain of salt, observing that each reviewer has his/her own standards, which will invariably be different to mine.

For the record I have flown WT+ once (a few years ago) and found it perfectly acceptable for my requirements.

Melbourne, Australia
6. Re: British Airways WT +reviews

May I just clarify that I am not looking for anyone to tell me whether I should fly with Ba Wt + . I am well aware that all reviews are simply one persons opinion , and there are often conflicting opinions when reading reviews of anything. I also believe that many reviews are written by disgruntled customers and this has to be taken into account .The review I referred to was one persons account of a less than satisfactory flight , and nothing more.And yes, others have written more favorable reviews - so it really is subjective. I was actually just interested in comments from people who may not have bothered to post a review on Skytrax, but may have some useful comments as to their experience with this product. I am not asking for anyone to tell me whether I should buy the product. I am however interested in feedback from people who have done so, noting this is an Air Travel Forum. So if anyone has any actual comments about their experience on BA Wt + I would much appreciate it.

London, United...
reviews: 22
7. Re: British Airways WT +reviews

I think it's a good product and worth it for the legroom when travelling long haul.

Does that help?

Melbourne, Australia
8. Re: British Airways WT +reviews

Yes , thank you

Haarlem, The...
reviews: 145
9. Re: British Airways WT +reviews

And it also comes with extra luggage allowance.

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
reviews: 5
10. Re: British Airways WT +reviews

I just went to the Skytrax reviews for BA, and the "scathing review" of SYD-LHR turns out to be the most recent review of BA, posted today (2/14) and therefore currently at the very top of page 1.

So, if I'm looking for other opinions, I scroll down, and then go to the next few pages. And looking at the first ten reviews of WT+, they give the following marks out of 10 (starting with that "scathing" one) -

1, 6, 10, 3, 6, 5, 10, 8, 10, 9 - That's an average of 6.7/10. Not bad.

If you eliminate the lowest and highest score (the 1 and a 10), you get an average of 7/10.

So I'd say, based on my tiny piece of research, having never flown WT+, nor BA long haul for a very long time, and of course not working for BA, I'd say 6.7-7/10 is fairly good.

Of course I'd then go to the other airlines that offer a premium economy cabin for the route I plan to take and compare the reviews and scores for them.

And no, sorry OP, I haven't flown it so can't contribute an experience.

Reply to: British Airways WT +reviews
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted