We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Emirates A380 business class seats.

Wales
reviews: 26
Emirates A380 business class seats.

Is the front section of business class a better choice than the smaller business cabin nearer the bar ie quieter/better service? Or is it just the same. I am wondering which seats and cabin to choose.

Any comments or experience would be welcome. Thanks

30 replies to this topic
Hong Kong, China
reviews: 119
1. Re: Emirates A380 business class seats.

Maybe someone like bronia can confirm, but to be honest i've never noticed a difference. Never had a problem with noise but perhaps I've been lucky?

I just love the seats in EK A380 J class, so lovely.

Wales
2. Re: Emirates A380 business class seats.

Thank you for your reply so kind of you. Bronia does seem to use EK a lot. I have read some of her posts in the Mauritius forum as I am off there in 5 weeks. I am flying with Air Mauritius then only because it is direct. I am flying to Bangkok in August for 1 month so don't mind the stopover then and of course the experience. Mauritius is for 2 weeks and want to get there as soon as possible!!

UK, Mauritius
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Belle Mare, Pointe Aux Piments, Pereybere
reviews: 37
3. Re: Emirates A380 business class seats.

Like Bimdoensia I've only travelled in the first cabin, though some posters on here like the rear cabin as they say its cosier.

All the seats are good and all have direct aisle access.

The bar could be noisy - its nearly always fairly busy IME.

If you travel as a couple note that due to the staggered configuration unless you book middle seats you wont sit together, and even then make sure its row numbers 7 9 11 and then even numbers from 14E/F until 20E/F.

After that its the rear cabin and its odd numbers again.

Avoid D and G if a couple or you'll have the mini bar between you.

Singletons are best in the window seats - A and K. The aisle seats B D G J all have less seat pitch I think.

You really need to take a look at the seat map and even then its hard to visualize until you've seen the cabin for real.

Wales
4. Re: Emirates A380 business class seats.

Thank you Bronia for your reply. My partner and I were offered the 2 seats together but preferred the option of window and aisle seats. I don't mind being apart from him and vice versa. I was just wondering if service was better and a quieter cabin in the smaller section. I can imagine the bar being busy as it is a bit of a novelty really. I have looked at the seat maps and checked YouTube and photos so I pretty much know what the cabin looks like without being on board! You can find so much online these days how did we ever mange without it!!!! Think our agent has row 7A booked and the one behind would that be 7B? Hopefully this is a good choice but wanted to ask the question on here. We are not travelling until August but like to plan ahead. Luckily we have a trip to Mauritius planned in 5 weeks. I read your posts on the Mauritius forum with great interest. I must say they are very informative.

UK, Mauritius
Destination Expert
5. Re: Emirates A380 business class seats.

Hi Bopa,

I think the window one is 7A and the next back is 8B.

I once had 9A and DH had 10B if that makes sense?

The B seats have less seat pitch but the As are lovely - you have the bins at the side too next to the window which are handy.

Yes I forgot about the videos - they do give a fairly good idea of what to expect.

Have you joined Skywards - well worth it. If you have your locator number you should be able to access your booking on EK's website and change seats, meal plans etc if you wish.

5 weeks isnt too long. Have a lovely time in Mauritius and enjoy your trip to Thailand in August!

Cheers,

Bronia :)

Edited: 6:19 pm, February 14, 2013
Wales
6. Re: Emirates A380 business class seats.

Thanks wasn't sure how the seat numbers worked. I must make sure I get the window seat then won't mention extra seat pitch to other half. We have travelled a lot and can't really remember him ever having the window seat bless him he is very good!!!

We are members of Skywards as we have flown Emirates to Mauritius before. My agent has my membership numbers added to our bookings.

Really looking forward to Mauritius can't believe its only 5 weeks be so nice to see some sun!!

UK, Mauritius
Destination Expert
7. Re: Emirates A380 business class seats.

Bopa I'm sure he won't even notice - mine didn't! Like you I always have the window seat.

Me too - been back in the UK for 6 weeks and all we see is snow or rain!

Back to Mauritius in just over 2 weeks - and the sun!

Wales
8. Re: Emirates A380 business class seats.

Thought we had seen the last of the snow but it arrived quickly yesterday thank goodness it didn't last long.

I bet you are really looking forward to your return it will be here before you know it.

I wish my life away sometimes! My other half always says it will be here before you know it and gone just as quickly!! Savour every moment!

Safe journey and thank you for your replies much appreciated.

Edinburgh, United...
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
reviews: 107
9. Re: Emirates A380 business class seats.

I have travelled both 'front' and 'back' and my preferrence is the smaller cabin at the back. Seated in row 16 for one flight last year, it took an age to be served drinks/meals etc. and further back was worse.

I have not had any problems with noise from the bar area whilst seated in my preferred 23A, (and its not to far to walk to get to said bar.... but some routes do have some more exciteable passengers who do like to have more than a few drinks.) I like the fact there is the deviding wall in front and does seem more private, but I can understand that some may feel a little hemmed in. Meals/ drinks are served in good time sitting here on the last 4 flights in this seat (and another 4 requested for flights coming up) And your first to get a good chioce of mags as they are just in front of you if you want...

When there are 2 of us travelling we never sit together in the (IMO) awful seats in the centre( either with the mini bar in the centre or not). Usually either sides of the plane (A&K next to the window) is our choioce with the extra storage under the window.

Wales
10. Re: Emirates A380 business class seats.

Thanks Scotlandscout. Decisions, decisions lol!!!! Think I will speak to my significant other and see what he thinks. I thought the smaller cabin looked more personal as there are fewer seats, I was just concerned it was too close to the bar. As you say you never know if there will be a 'rowdy' crowd propping up the bar!!

We are definitely going for the separate seats didn't like the look of the middle section.

Regards

Reply to: Emirates A380 business class seats.
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions