We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

British Airways luggage allowance

England
reviews: 8
British Airways luggage allowance

Hi, just wanted to check if I'm correct in believing that on a BA flight between London and Orlando in World Traveller class we are allowed 2 cases at 23kg each? Also hand luggage plus handbag/laptop bag total weight 23kg?

thanks for any help

19 replies to this topic
Llandudno North...
reviews: 17
1. Re: British Airways luggage allowance

britishairways.com/travel/bagchk/public/en_gb

:-)

2. Re: British Airways luggage allowance

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 9:35 am, February 15, 2013

Cambridge, United...
reviews: 70
3. Re: British Airways luggage allowance

You need to read the table carefully, it is 2 bags at 23kg in economy if you are on a full fare ticket, the chances are however that you are on a non flexible ticket and only entitled to one bag.

Llandudno North...
4. Re: British Airways luggage allowance

Not true all transatlantic flights get two bags only European flights get one in economy.

UK
reviews: 84
5. Re: British Airways luggage allowance

Family Parry you are absolutely wrong. Read the table again.

Llandudno North...
6. Re: British Airways luggage allowance

ok I agree I am absolutely wrong!! Looking at the table again. My mistake.

I travelled to Argentina a few months back and took two cases with me. They werent very large ones, but still two case I wasn't on a fully flexible ticket.

Have rules changed or has that always been the case?

EDIT

====

Looking back on that journey I see I upgraded at check in, which probably explains my being allowed two cases. So in summary just ignore everything I ve said on this thread!! Sorry.

Thank god its Friday!!

Edited: 5:44 am, February 15, 2013
Cambridge, United...
reviews: 70
7. Re: British Airways luggage allowance

I think then confusion is that in the "good old days" the allowance on all North American routes was 2 bags for economy.

Bristol
reviews: 3
8. Re: British Airways luggage allowance

thanks everyone for the comments and after looking at the BA site carefully it does appear that we are allowed ONE checked bag at 23kg in world traveller class...it was a bit confusing but managed to read it properly in the end! Just one other question, if one of us wanted to take 2 smaller cases & the total weight of those came to 23kg would that be allowed? We are trying to decide whether to fly with Virgin or BA and are thinking BA may be better as obviously the hand baggage is better. Thanks for any advice :)

uk
reviews: 164
9. Re: British Airways luggage allowance

My experience is you could run into problems and might be charged, even if weight is under total limit.

Flew some months ago from Heathrow, turned up at desk with two bags, and check-in dragon immediately said "You know it's only bag free, dont' you?"

Didn't bother me as was flying business (so allowed 2), but the rules say 1 bag for economy and this post is just to flag up that it's likely to be enforced and you'd be charged. If you get the chance to fly WT+ then that's 2 bags, and sometimes you get a special offer when booking.

Denver, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Pecs, Budapest
reviews: 6
10. Re: British Airways luggage allowance

Allie, 2 bags (regardless of combined weight) are 2 bags, and you have to pay for the second one. I know this because I can't handle a single bag and must take 2 lighter ones instead. I pay for the second.

Reply to: British Airways luggage allowance
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted