We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

United Airlines

Iowa City, Iowa
reviews: 38
United Airlines

Just returned from (CID)-ORD-HNL, and OGG-SFO-ORD. Not much to say, no rants nor raves, the flight went smoothly, the crew was pleasant, kept us hydrated. Arrived at Honolulu early, the other flights were pretty much on time.If I have a seat, the flights are fairly on time, I am happy.

We had a long layover at ORD, the club membership, compliments of the Explorer card really came in handy-it was like oasis in the crowded, chaotic Chicago airport-the snack was good too.

I will fly United again! I am going to get my tickets for next Feb., as soon as they open up.

Jacksonville...
reviews: 200
1. Re: United Airlines

WOW! A review that isn't in all caps, isn't ridden with negativity, and whose thread title doesn't say "Never fly _____"

Sacramento...
reviews: 41
2. Re: United Airlines

So agree with you - United may not be everything to everyone - but I, for one, have never had anything to complain about.

LOL - if you visit the Flyertalk forum ...and mention the United Club "cuisine" I think you'd find a few differences of opinion. It works fine for our family - a little wine, a few snacks at the ORD club makes a good break between long flights. I have good things to say about the SFO club for breakfast before a flight, as well.

Good to find positive reviews - thanks.

Lake Crystal...
reviews: 13
3. Re: United Airlines

>>>> WOW! A review that isn't in all caps, isn't ridden with negativity, and whose thread title doesn't say "Never fly _____" <<<<

Yeah, but why no free upgrades!!!! :)

I'll be flying United a few times this summer, and I'll be happy with "pleasant crew, kept us hydrated, pretty much on time."

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
reviews: 5
4. Re: United Airlines

Another person that writes a positive review (generally) and uses paragraphs. What is the world coming to? :)

Thanks for the review.

CAtraveler47 - the FlyerTalkers that complain about the UCs are the very frequent flyers who get to compare UC with other airlines' lounges worldwide. In that context they're not very good but for an occasional break away from the bustle of the concourse, and of course a free Sam Adams, they can be useful.

Edited: 1:50 pm, February 13, 2013
Romford, United...
reviews: 23
5. Re: United Airlines

Once flew with United from HNL to SFO the day of the Superbowl and the 49ers were playing and somewhere over the Pacific the captain arranged for everyone to see the game if they wanted to on the big screens-nice people

Iowa City, Iowa
reviews: 38
6. Re: United Airlines

>>LOL - if you visit the Flyertalk forum ...and mention the United Club "cuisine" I think you'd find a few differences of opinion.<<

Yea, have seen some of them-but, as you said, it works for us. Chicago airport is not very pleasant place to spend time in-so, it works for us too.I like SFO, the terminal 3 is a pleasant place to sit around, shop, have snacks!

reviews: 1
7. Re: United Airlines

My daughter flew for the first time with her 9 month old today from Phoenix to Chicago. She asked the gate attendant if she could board early so they could get settled in and put away all the things babies need hauled around with them. The snarky gate attendant informed her they haven't done that for young children in 10 years!.So have we lost all civility at the airlines? Is there no common courtesy left amongst the airlines? What is absurd is my husband is an United Elite flyer and saw this same airport pre board for parents in the last 2 weeks. So why not her???

South Pole
reviews: 39
8. Re: United Airlines

aaahhhhh...someone always has to spoil the party!

Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
reviews: 752
9. Re: United Airlines

>> If I have a seat, the flights are fairly on time, I am happy. <<

Well, there you go - the reason your post is pleasant and has paragraphs is because you are simply not demanding enough, alumnus ;-)

Iowa
reviews: 27
10. Re: United Airlines

Pleasantries and paragraphs....A Hawkeye, no doubt :)

I fly United next week from DSM. Looking forward to it.