We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mixed up names while booking Airticket on KLM

Pune, India
1 post
Mixed up names while booking Airticket on KLM

I mixed up names while booking the airline ticket that is, In last name column I wrote First name and in First name column I wrote Last name, I am travelling from Mumbai - Paris-Gothenburg (Sweden) and return Gothenburg-Amsterdam-Mumbai. Is it Ok to travel without changing the name on booking or is it mandatory to get it changed, because to do that the airline KLM tells me they can't do it and even if I do I have to rebook which will will cost me too much.

Also the airline tells me it is ok to travel if the sequence is wrong the only thing is the name should match the passport but they can't guarantee at the imigration. Please suggest me at the earliest.

Liverpool, UK
Level Contributor
13,953 posts
24 reviews
1. Re: Mixed up names while booking Airticket on KLM

In my experience the name of the ticket must match that on the passport including the name order - you could risk it if you don't want to pay the change fees although you risk being denied boarding.

Ring KLM again as it's certainly possible to change the name although there will probably be a change fee.

2. Re: Mixed up names while booking Airticket on KLM

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, February 15, 2014