We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Terminal 5

Ayr, Scotland...
reviews: 9
Terminal 5

We fly to Washington DC in August and so far everything is pretty well taken care of. However I'm just a bit intimidated by this terminal 5. We arrive from Glasgow into T5 at 08:30hrs and depart from T5 [ both BA ] at 10:05hrs. Is 1:30 enough to get from our arrival point in T5 to our departure point in T5 and through the check in procedure for our onward flight?

Many Thanks for any help/advice.

Andy.

Aluthgama, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Bentota, Beruwala, Sri Lanka
reviews: 7
1. Re: Terminal 5

If you are travelling on a single through ticket you will be checked to your final destination in Glasgow.

UK
reviews: 13
2. Re: Terminal 5

Check in online 24 hours before your first flight. You will then have your boarding ticket for your flight to Washington, so nothing else to do.

When you arrive at T5, find your gate number, check where you need to go, then get a drink or something to eat and relax.

Dublin, Ireland
reviews: 7
3. Re: Terminal 5

Yes that's enough time, I have travelled from T1 TO T5 with that connection time and I was fine, T5 is well run to be fair its the best terminal in terms of passenger flow in my opinion. Just bear in mind that most USA flights from T5 depart in different concourses at T5 and some require a train, however they are every minute and again even at peak times when I have travelled its been no problem and that will all happen after security. Also because your flying one airline it makes it much easier should you ever miss a connection! Enjoy your trip :)

Ayr, Scotland...
4. Re: Terminal 5

Thank you all for the help. Thats a weight of. It sounds like its a BIG place T5. Can I ask a supplementry question? When we get off the Glasgow flight in T5 do we come directly into the area we need to be in to find our gate, or do we have to ' find ' it. I'm a bit infirm on my feet and need all my time.

Edinburgh, United...
reviews: 15
5. Re: Terminal 5

"When we get off the Glasgow flight in T5 do we come directly into the area we need to be in to find our gate."

Yes, more or less. You get off the flight, follow the signs for T5 connections, show your onward boarding pass, take an escalator and you're there. Coming back it's a bit more complicated as you'll need to clear immigration and go through security again but it's still fairly straightforward.

Edited: 7:23 am, February 13, 2013
Ayr, Scotland...
6. Re: Terminal 5

Thank you all for the sound advice. We're spending our 40th Anniversary in DC and have, thanks to this forum/site planned our trip fully including a day trip to New York. All I need now is the clock to race on a bit.

Andy

Geneva, Switzerland
Destination Expert
for Geneva, Liechtenstein, Air Travel
reviews: 260
7. Re: Terminal 5

LHR T5 is the best terminal in Europe, especially for flight connections. No worries then, 90 minutes is more than enough. And if you want to read the step by step process, heathrowairport.com/heathrow-airport-guide/f… is fairly well done. Also if your flight leaves from a B or a C gate, you'll have to catch a train (from below the main hall). Everything is well indicated, so no worries. Finally do prefer elevators at T5, faster than escalators.

Ayr, Scotland...
8. Re: Terminal 5

Thank you for the link. I think we'll be ok now. Its a bit of a worry coming from a small rural area to something like that.

Andy

9. Re: Terminal 5

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, February 15, 2014