We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any seasoned travellers know the next specials for Aus-Bali

Somerville...
Any seasoned travellers know the next specials for Aus-Bali

We missed the specials in December which I think went down to $179 from Melbourne to Bali

Friend have told me you can expect specials like this a few times per year, obviously the travel agent has told me it was a one off!

Is anyone who travels often aware how many times they have specials to specific places per year?

Thanks in advance

South Pole
reviews: 39
1. Re: Any seasoned travellers know the next specials for Aus-Bali

no one knows....if we did veryone would wait for them.

and the airlines are not in the business of 'giving away' seats....they like to keep us all guessing.

so just keep monitoring the airlines u r interested in or better subscribe to their emails.

Edited: 8:31 pm, February 12, 2013
Adelaide
reviews: 9
2. Re: Any seasoned travellers know the next specials for Aus-Bali

Keep you eye on the Bali forum and try posting this on there. members usualy post when they find cheap deals for flights. It's a really friendly board too :)

Sydney, Australia
reviews: 53
3. Re: Any seasoned travellers know the next specials for Aus-Bali

Sign up to Jetstar's email alerts (I'm assuming it was them offering those fares). Virgin will probably go some way towards matching those fares as well . Both airlines offer the same low LCC standards of comfort and service to Bali....

Presumably there are lots of strings attached - e.g. you have a 48-hour window to book flights that are actually 6 - 9 months in advance, and quite likely at the peak of the monsoon when few tourists want to go. Somewhat discounted promotional fares come around pretty frequently, but those $179 type flights will only come on the market a few times a year.

australia
reviews: 17
4. Re: Any seasoned travellers know the next specials for Aus-Bali

Jetstar always seem to have specials to Bali on their Friday Frenzy 4-8pm each week

5. Re: Any seasoned travellers know the next specials for Aus-Bali

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, February 15, 2014