We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Global Entry

Chicago, Illinois
reviews: 1
Global Entry

Is the Global Entry program worth the $100 and time for interview if you travel 2-3 times a year?

The last time there was a post about this was in 2010.

Thanks!

23 replies to this topic
Lake Crystal...
reviews: 13
1. Re: Global Entry

Search "global entry" and be sure to sort results by date, not relevance. There are recent posts/threads .

tripadvisor.com/…40442424

Rocklin, California
reviews: 18
2. Re: Global Entry

If you happen to be 1K with United they pay the $100 fee when you apply through United's website.

seattle
3. Re: Global Entry

Apply for Nexus, cost $50.00 for 5 years and gives you Global Entry also.

Atlanta, Georgia
reviews: 32
4. Re: Global Entry

Nexus is meant for US/ Canadian border frequent travel. It does not cover any other border crossings. It must be approved by both the US AND Canada.

Nexus DOES NOT include Global Entry for one fee.

You really need to go read the actual facts about it Seattle Sophie.

Atlanta, Georgia
reviews: 32
5. Re: Global Entry

If you travel international regularly or several times a year, it is worth the price.

Amex Platinum pays for their cardholders.

I love it.

Jackson, Michigan
6. Re: Global Entry

Actually, Global Entry is a side benefit of the NEXUS card, even though the cost is less than Global Entry alone. Those of us bordering Canada understand the facts about Nexus.

Edited: 2:06 am, February 13, 2013
seattle
7. Re: Global Entry

I applied last year for a Nexus card and it does include global entry. I know this as I have used GE four times to enter the US when arriving from Europe, Australia and Cuba.

Dewhit 6959 You really need to get your facts right.

Toronto, Canada
reviews: 30
8. Re: Global Entry

dewhit6959 --Nexus (at $50 for 5 years) does indeed include Global Entry as one of the benefits of the program. That was changed a number of years ago.

There is however no real point in somone who never travels US-Canada, trying to get a Nexus card to avoid the extra $ of Global Entry since you must be interviewed (and investigated) jointly by Canadian/US authorities.

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
reviews: 57
9. Re: Global Entry

I'd do it if San Diego had an interview area but since we don't have the interviews here it doesn't work for me

Virginia, USA
reviews: 13
10. Re: Global Entry

I think it is worth it. On my last trip, I was through immigration at Dulles in a couple of minutes.

Reply to: Global Entry
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted