We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

"full flat" seat on American Airlines

San Jose
"full flat" seat on American Airlines

I am planning to fly SFO-JFK on American because of their "full flat" seat in business. I have a medical condition that makes it painful for me to sit, so I need to travel lying on my side. Any one have experience with this seat? Is it comfortable? Is it really flat ie no bend at the waist? Are there any restrictions on fully reclining (except for take off and landing)?

Seattle, Washington
Destination Expert
for Seattle
1. Re: "full flat" seat on American Airlines

AA hasn't yet started flying full-flat seats in business class on transcon flights - that will happen with the delivery of their A321 planes late this year.

United currently has lie-flat seats (being upgraded this year) and Delta is also rolling out flat-beds for domestic transcons, starting next month.

businesstravelnews.com/Business-Travel/…

Sydney, Australia
reviews: 50
2. Re: "full flat" seat on American Airlines

Be careful that "flat " seats are also horizontal. There are plenty of flat seats that are at an angle to the floor and I find I slide down them and that they are very uncomfortable.

Full Flat SHOULD be both flat and horizontal, but check on it.

3. Re: "full flat" seat on American Airlines

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:15 am, February 14, 2014