We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Easy jet booking in on line

Easy jet booking in on line

My husband inadvertently booked my flight for me from Prague to Bristol. He meant to book it for a February 2013 date and managed to book it for the same day, same time, but wrong month. I duly went to the airport, to take the flight, Only to be advised at the very end that they couldn't find me as a passenger- why ?because, my flight was booked for march and not feb. now Ian. It really complaining, coz I should have noticed, but on other flights I've taken ( I am a frequent traveller ) I've not been able to book in and print off my boarding pass until ,at the very earliest 72 hours before the flight. I am a little dismayed, and am hoping easy jet will help me to re-book my flight without hurting me too much. So there are margins for some errors in being able to book passes far too in advance, as we are all human.

Any help and advice would be much appreciated.

Worthing, United...
reviews: 11
1. Re: Easy jet booking in on line

Hi

I doubt that Easyjet will do anything about this, you will just have to pay for a new ticket.

Mistakes happen so in future if you need a flight book it yourself or double check if someone else does it. By the way with Easyjet you can check in weeks before you fly.

Tell Ian, if he was the one who booked it, that this mess is his fault not yours.

Jackie

UK
reviews: 85
2. Re: Easy jet booking in on line

Mistakes happen so in future if you need a flight book it yourself or double check if someone else does it. By the way with Easyjet you can check in weeks before you fly.

-----------

That is the OPs complaint ! ;-). Though having a short check in time would only have helped half the time, when the flight had been booked for future date. For a past date, when she went to check in, it would have not helped.

Just check what you buy more carefully next time is the answer, not to blame the airline.

Edited: 2:32 am, February 12, 2013
somerset
3. Re: Easy jet booking in on line

Hi Zlate

Just to let you know, you can check in online and print your boarding pass with Easyjet 30 days before your flight.

Edinburgh, United...
reviews: 15
4. Re: Easy jet booking in on line

Ask easyJet for a refund of the unused airport taxes and book a new flight for March yourself.

5. Re: Easy jet booking in on line

Thanks everyone for all of your help. I'm not blaming the airline, I take the blame completely, however, aside from myself not noticing, neither did any of the staff or even computer flagging for that matter, and I had to go through 2 sets of booking- owing to the fact that they put the wrong gate number up to start with..... I could have re booked my flight had someone - (even myself )had noticed beforehand. I guess we are still quite undeveloped in this field at the moment. Ah we'll, no lives lost. : )

Edinburgh, United...
reviews: 15
6. Re: Easy jet booking in on line

"I could have re booked my flight had someone - (even myself )had noticed beforehand."

Since you have to pay the difference in fare plus a change fee it may well be that there is no money saved by doing this over simply buying a new ticket.

reviews: 2
7. Re: Easy jet booking in on line

Hi I have just checked this forum to see if anyone else has had the same problem with easyjet. I arrived at check in earlier this evening for my return flight Newcastle to Bristol, to be told that my flight, that I booked online was actually for 14th March & not 14th Feb. I too am a seasoned traveller & I am certain I booked for 14 th Feb & NOT March. Unfortunately i was unable to print my documents out as i was staying with relatives without a printer.What's more the check in girl happened to mention that this had occurred several times for February flights. I had to pay an extra £84 ( on top of the original flight) to get home & told to put a complaint in. Personally I think this is too much of a coincidence & would be interested to hear from anyone else with the same problem because I think that they may have had a computer glitch.

8. Re: Easy jet booking in on line

Well this does sound very familiar. My husband booked my flight and he said that he really thought he had booked 11th feb and not 11th march.i can see how easily the site slips you into another date , personally I feel this is designed this way - call me paranoid I don't čáře, but the systems seem to be designed to trip you up. I did have to go to an Internet cafe myself to print off my ticket, and I did not see the date. 11th march,however, the staff say, you will have to buy another ticket, but you can alter it, and in my case it was just an admin fee of 35 pointa, but i Will look out fór others having similar issues. Thanks.

UK
reviews: 85
9. Re: Easy jet booking in on line

Other people have reported wrong months as well, but with hundreds if thousands of people booking flights every year a few mistakes are inevitable.

I think with drop downs and click on calendars it's easy to make a mistake especially if you don't actually double check the final confirmation page just before clicking "buy" so perhaps it's surprising there aren't more.

London, United...
reviews: 47
10. Re: Easy jet booking in on line

February/March are always a problem when it's not a leap year. With me, I look for columns (day of week ) and date. of course they're identical for Feb & March.

While pricing holidays on BA, I found one where a week cost nearly £2,000. On checking, I found I'd specified a holiday from 13 Feb to 20 March.