I'm Cdn and have never flown internationally before so I need some guidance - and please be patient as most of these are probably really stupid questions haha. We are a family of 4 flying from edmonton to L.A with a connector in Seattle and all flights are with Alaska Airlines/Horizon. We have a 1 hr 32 min. layover in Seattle.
1. If we have been through "Pre-Check" in Edmonton, do we have to go through the TSA & Customs/Immigration security at SEA-TAC all over again?
2. After we get off our first flight, do we have to go get our luggage from baggage claim and then check it in again or do luggage handlers take our luggage off the first plane and put it on the 2nd one? Or is there some other special place that we have to retrieve our luggage from?
3. It looks like we'll arrive on Concourse C and Depart to LAX on Concourse D. With only 92 minutes, do we have enough time to get from one gate, through security again - if we have to, grab luggage - if we have to, then to the other gate?
4. I have now watched just enough videos of what it's like to go through TSA checks to be sufficiently terrified of these people, mostly terrified of what they are going to do to my children - my son (11 yrs old) has a metal dental device that is cemented into his mouth, this will most likely cause an alarm to go off - are they going to check inside his mouth??? I mean, they're going to be putting their hands all over my childrens private parts so why not his mouth too?
5. Am I allowed to bring liquid gel Advil pills for migraines in carry-on? Approx. 5 pills.
6. Are the gloves that the TSA's use latex? Do they have powder in them?
7. Our travelling situation is very unique as my son is from a previous relationship and the consent to travel docs list only myself as the person allowed to take him across the border. Also, my other ex (father of my youngest) is travelling with us and because we are "seperated" with no standing orders both my ex and I must cross international borders together with the youngest, if there are issues with any of us at the TSA checkpoint then it is imperative that all 4 of us stay together - will the TSA force any of us to abandon eachother if one has cleared the checkpoint and another hasn't?? If the answer to this question is unknown, who should I call to find out?
Thank you in advance for any and all advice!!! Had I known this trip would be this complicated I would have never ever booked it - this will definitely be the last time we attempt a trip to the US lol.